Dust Particle inside Iphone 5 Camera Lens

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a case over the device or recently put a protective clear screen over it that could have contained dust particles? Furthermore, if it is becoming a distraction then yes, make an appointment with the Apple Store. It is no guarantee that they'll swap it out, but you never know. Do you have the AppleCare+ protection plan? If so, definitely make an appointment.

No case or screen. Roll naked. I do not have the plus plan. Very frustrated.

ip5eve

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Upon cleaning my lens today, I noticed there is a tiny bright white spot inside my camera lens. It's more in the upper part of the camera. It looks like it's a stuck dust particle. I've done numerous testing and it doesn't seem to affect my photos. Should I even bother getting it replaced? The reason I ask is because the phone seems to be in good shape and no other cosmetic flaws. I posted a slight issue about the speaker but I found out somewhere that others are having the same issue with that and it might be software related. How are your lenses looking? Do you see any dust inside? I'm almost thinking I ignore it for now since in the past I've had nothing but bad experience replacing the iphone for cosmetic defects and in return end up with a phone with other problems. What do you suggest?

I recommend you should try to clean the lens with a piece of t-shirt and avoid from using any cleaning solution because it can make the lens be doped with a reflection layer. Using a add on camera lens is also a good way to protect your iPhone camera lens from dusts and scratch

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
So after posting in this thread back in June I finally brought my iPhone 5 to an ape store on Sep 18.
3 days left on my warranty.
I was shocked by the behavior of the Apple genius who helped me.

After showing him the ugly black thingy that was appearing in my pictures, he said "I've heard of this, but never seen one before. Let's get you a new one". My jaw almost hit the counter. Really? Just like that you give me a new $900 phone? (64gb, Canada)
Wow.

Based on this experience, I'd say that Apple customer service is unmatched.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So after posting in this thread back in June I finally brought my iPhone 5 to an ape store on Sep 18.

After showing him the ugly black thingy that was appearing in my pictures, he said "I've heard of this, but never seen one before. Let's get you a new one". My jaw almost hit the counter. Really? Just like that you give me a new $900 phone? (64gb, Canada)
Wow.

Congrats... BTW, I get this kind of treatment every time I visit the Genius Bar. Just another reason to be a life-long customer... their customer service rocks.

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

Wow.

Man I am almost willing to drive 5 hours each way to get this taken care of on my iPhone 5. Thanks for the update!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Man I am almost willing to drive 5 hours each way to get this taken care of on my iPhone 5. Thanks for the update!

Call and they can send you a replacement. Just let them know your situation. 5 hours is insane! I would do it before your warranty is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Call and they can send you a replacement. Just let them know your situation. 5 hours is insane! I would do it before your warranty is up.

Yeah it is insane, but I don't have any money available on a credit card for apple to overnight me a replacement. Also it would be a week or more before the phone went out, got repaired and sent back to me. At least this way I get it taken care of in one day.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it is insane, but I don't have any money available on a credit card for apple to overnight me a replacement. Also it would be a week or more before the phone went out, got repaired and sent back to me. At least this way I get it taken care of in one day.

I forgot about that, the charge they put on the card for the price if the phone.

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on my 5 and I waited for the dust to be bad, I'm not picky and I don't use my camera often. I made an appointment online at the genius bar, showed them my phone, the apple tech told my that the tech in the back is going to clean it. I waited 20mn and it was done. They opened my phone in an Apple store, Beverly Center to be precise.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods