Dropbox app - how often does it automatically upload photos/videos in camera roll

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Seems like not too often or there's some error going on with my setup.

Been taking the phone in and out of the house too. No background upload even though it's set for it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox if you have Camera upload on will tell you on the badge count you have so many photos to upload and as soon as you turn on WI-FI and open the app they will upload so as many times as you know you have new photos and open the app. I do it all the time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems like not too often or there's some error going on with my setup.

Been taking the phone in and out of the house too. No background upload even though it's set for it.

If you don't have "Background App Refresh" enabled for Dropbox, it will only upload new photos when you initiate the Dropbox app. By default, it is only set to upload via Wi-Fi so unless you've made changes so that it can also upload via cellular data, your photos will not upload to Dropbox until you've connected to a Wi-Fi network. If you have the settings set for you to upload to Dropbox via Wi-Fi and Cellular data as well as have Background App Refresh enabled for it, then I can't tell you how often it will auto upload because I do not know the background app refresh cycle time.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The background app refresh I have turned off which I neglected to say but everything else I put in is how it should work.

chocolateyum

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have location enabled and I have background upload set. So it should work automatically. But still nothing. Something's wrong I think. Maybe I'll try reinstalling it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR