• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Drafts for Mac is released!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Drafts for Mac is released. Notes, capture and tools for a power user will never be the same.

If you don't know Drafts mobile, it is a super powerful note taking, text formatting and actionable app. It syncs across your mobile devices via iCloud and the premium subscription. Now you have it on your Mac too.

My advice to start us understand all it will do on your phone or tablet. Then realize your license allows you to get the new Mac release.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I used to use Drafts for all of my Mobile Nations stuff, but it’s been a while since I’ve last used it. I may consider using it again. Anyway, thank you again.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I used to use Drafts for all of my Mobile Nations stuff, but it’s been a while since I’ve last used it. I may consider using it again. Anyway, thank you again.

My professional and volunteer life dictate Microsoft & Google suites but at it's simplest I still love the arrow keys for txt and Drafts capture. That and the actions have made it worth the annual subscription. Now the Mac client brings the features to desktop and if you've captured a URL a nice right click option to open it. Now I can use same system for basic text manipulation where I'd also keep Text Edit and/or Notepad open. It also has great light and dark mode you don't have with other simple text manipulating apps.

Some I know balk at the subscription. I'm an IT and project person. I get way more out of that $20 spent than many other ways to spend the same.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a Mac, but after reading this post, I did install your app onto my iPhone and iPad. I haven't really checked it out yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman