Downloaded BBM yesterday.................Deleted it today.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
downloaded for old times sakes. Got my activation email and fired it up. Then I realized that 95% of my friends and family own Iphones. The rest own Android.

I wonder how many people will do the same exact thing.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure a lot did and some will in the near future, but others are enjoying it quite a bit. Adding another messaging platform is a win for consumers -- meaning there's something for almost everyone.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I realized I posted this in the wrong place.

I was hopeful but the reality is, I and everyone I know moved on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I realized I posted this in the wrong place.

I was hopeful but the reality is, I and everyone I know moved on.

I've moved this thread to the BBM section. As for your second comment, I understand. Everyone I personally know no longer use Blackberry devices or BBM. Still, I'm finding it quite useful here at iMore. Whether it lasts remains to be seen, but so far so good.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
While on Blackberry in days of old (2009/2010), I had no one in BBM. Now I'm in two maxed out groups with four active conversations and I have 4 contacts. All from Mobile Nations, so for me, it was well worth the download even at the price of having to turn off BBM notification Sounds, and banner notifications, even showing in the lock screen.

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

hamsterwheel

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
On the same token, I have seen countless iPhone and Android users dl and posting pins all over Instagram, Facebook, CB, Twitter etc. So my guess is many are using it, and like it.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
downloaded for old times sakes. Got my activation email and fired it up. Then I realized that 95% of my friends and family own Iphones. The rest own Android.

I wonder how many people will do the same exact thing.

The great thing about cross-platform BBM is that you can talk to people regardless of what phones they have. It's not meant to be just for people who still have friends with blackberries. Out of my 15 contacts on BBM, only one still has a blackberry. The rest have androids and iPhones. I'm still trying to convert a couple more, but in the meantime all of us are having a great time. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
The great thing about cross-platform BBM is that you can talk to people regardless of what phones they have. It's not meant to be just for people who still have friends with blackberries. Out of my 15 contacts on BBM, only one still has a blackberry. The rest have androids and iPhones. I'm still trying to convert a couple more, but in the meantime all of us are having a great time. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Exactly my experience. I now have several old and new friends from other platforms and the ability to easily connect with them is a blast! Text is so annoying in comparison -- t's like flying blind, not knowing whether the other person has even seen the text.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro