Download a vCard stored on a website on an iPhone?

NicolasHo

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to upload my vCard onto a website, so when an iphone (/ other smart phone) user visits the website, my contact information is automatically stored in their phone. I would assume the user is promted first. Once downloaded, the actual website displays.

I know it's possible do all of this through applications or sending the contact vCard by SMS, email etc - but I would like to do it on a website.

Is it possible?

You're help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Nicolas

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Everything that I've read says mobile safari doesn't support the method you are wanting to do. Because of this, most people simply attach the vcard to email.

brassmnkys

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Same issue

I'm working on doing the exact same thing. I just want to have an option for when someone gets to my site, they can just download my v-card. If you figure out a way or workaround, I'd love to know.

Thanks to all.

brassmnkys

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
How bout through e-mail

Now that I think about it, you could always setup an email account that has an auto-reply with a signature/attachment of the .vcf. My problem is I use Gmail and am currently trying to figure out if it supports that, which doesn't appear to be the case. The link on the webpage would be an email address with the text reading something to the effect of "By sending this e-mail, you will immediately receive an e-mail directed to this address with my V-Card attached." It's definitely a workaround until the rest of the world catches up with these demands.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
You could setup some kind of simple form with php on your website. Just have the site visitor enter their email address into the form. When they hit the submit button, the email with your v-card attached could be sent to them.

- iFizz

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW