Downgrade Help

framos8

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
i have a simple question. will downgrading cause me to lose my music?

i bought a new laptop and upgrade to iOS4 on my 3GS. i was one of the "lucky" ones that lost data connection. i was told to restore as a new iphone. i found a program but it wont work with iOS4 so i need to go back to 3.1.3. but will i lose my music from my iphone?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, I've heard some say you can't downgrade and others say you can? I am not downgrading, but maybe someone that knows how to do it or if it can't be done will respond!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i just want to know if ill lose my music... because i have to restore from new inorder to get my data connection back

Not if your music is in iTunes. Doing a restore will wipe the device and so it will be totally empty of any content. You'd have to put your music back on the device. But you should have your music in iTunes anyway right?

framos8

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
my other laptop crashed. and this is my new one. so i have nothing on itunes :( thats why i wanted to do a iphone to pc. but none of the software is compatible with iOS4

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
my other laptop crashed. and this is my new one. so i have nothing on itunes :( thats why i wanted to do a iphone to pc. but none of the software is compatible with iOS4

Sorry I can't help you with that. You would need some 3rd party software that is able to download your music on the iPhone now running iOS4. It maybe a while before there is any compatible software for that too.

You should have backed up your music prior to upgrading to iOS4, so it would already be in iTunes. :eek:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods