Doubts regarding Play count in iCloud Music and Apple music.

PrabhuSeshadri

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I have a doubt on Apple music and iCloud music subscription.

I have 2000 songs in my iTunes library right now with all the metadata information like play counts, last played/skipped. I am planning to take iCloud music subscription. I understand apple music will match the songs in my library and upload the ones it can't identify.

Once this process is done will I lose my play count and other metadata that I currently have in my iTunes library?

For example. If I have a song that is played 60 times in my iTunes library, and if I play it once after I subscribe for the iCloud music will it change to "61" or start from the first count. I don't want to lose the play counts and the smart playlist that I was using all these while.

Thank you.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Greetings, and welcome to iMore.

Unfortunately I cannot answer your question as I don't have any external or downloaded songs in my library. I stream all my music.

But Im sure someone will be along soon that can answer that question. Until then please browse around the forums and ask questions.

Thanks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a doubt on Apple music and iCloud music subscription.

I have 2000 songs in my iTunes library right now with all the metadata information like play counts, last played/skipped. I am planning to take iCloud music subscription. I understand apple music will match the songs in my library and upload the ones it can't identify.

Once this process is done will I lose my play count and other metadata that I currently have in my iTunes library?

For example. If I have a song that is played 60 times in my iTunes library, and if I play it once after I subscribe for the iCloud music will it change to "61" or start from the first count. I don't want to lose the play counts and the smart playlist that I was using all these while.

Thank you.

It will keep counting up unless you specifically reset the counter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73