Don't think you need a screen protector?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Screen protectors are great for scratches and scuffs. But overated for drops. A decent protective case like an Otterbox works best. IMO!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Screen protectors are great for scratches and scuffs. But overated for drops. A decent protective case like an Otterbox works best. IMO!

Too bulky! I like the Apple case, plus AppleCare+ if I need it :)

Screen protectors started becoming a norm with me .... iPhone 4 was ok without but the 5 got a scratch within the first two weeks while in my pocket with nothing else in there. Small and near the edge, but something I saw each time on my brand new phone. Put a protector on it and it disappeared, so now I always use one. I prefer the clear HD versions that are barely noticable.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Too bulky! I like the Apple case, plus AppleCare+ if I need it :)

Screen protectors started becoming a norm with me .... iPhone 4 was ok without but the 5 got a scratch within the first two weeks while in my pocket with nothing else in there. Small and near the edge, but something I saw each time on my brand new phone. Put a protector on it and it disappeared, so now I always use one. I prefer the clear HD versions that are barely noticable.

They're not as bulky as you think. When did you use an Otterbox last?

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
They're not as bulky as you think. When did you use an Otterbox last?

Actually, the Otterbox Defender almost doubles the thickness of my iPhone 6. So yeah,....

Buying a 6s next week and plan on getting a Spigen Tough Armor case and the InnnerExile self-healing glass screen protector.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Use to always use a glass screen protector.. Had a privacy glass on it, then I had to take it off when I got my olloclip lens.. Unfortunately I now have scratches on my screen .. Kept it in my pocket solo and was gentle with it.. Thought the screen was supposed to be super strong "strongest ever" they claim. Now I gotta use 1 of my apple claims

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I used to put screen protectors on my iPhones before the 6 models. With the way the glass curves around the edges, I've never found a screen protector that fits right on the 6 iphones.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have 20 spare glass screen protectors(got them all for 8 bucks), I stopped using them last week and now I have tons of hairline scratches that you can't see too well. Oh well, It's just a screen I say at the end of the day.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I always have one on mine. I am very careful with my devices since I sell them every year to upgrade.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I was all about screen protectors but they get all dusty and less attractive than a few invisible scratches.

As far as shatters, I just protect the corner and have AppleCare. Good enough for me.

jlgraham

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I can see why some people don't like screen protectors, especially the plastic ones, but I love my tempered glass screen protector. Gives me some peace of mind when I don't use a case, really I use it to prevent scratching the screen. Mine doesn't interfere with functionality much. The screen is still responsive and 3D Touch works just as well.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I can see why some people don't like screen protectors, especially the plastic ones, but I love my tempered glass screen protector. Gives me some peace of mind when I don't use a case, really I use it to prevent scratching the screen. Mine doesn't interfere with functionality much. The screen is still responsive and 3D Touch works just as well.

Sometimes a piece of mind is more important than any actual protection. It's exactly why I always have my iPhone in a case. I may never drop it but I'd like to know that my 6s Plus has a better chance of surviving if it ever slips out of my hands or gets knocked off of the kitchen counter.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I prefer to have one. The tempered glass ones actually feel quite nice and not too different from the naked glass. I have apple care plus but I'd still be upset if I smashed my screen as I paid ?789 for this thing.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I like using a screen protector for peace of mind that I won't scratch my screen. I have got scratches on my iPhone screens before when I decided to forego the screen protector. Now, I am using the Belkin Invisiglass that Apple Stores install using the ScreenCare+ system that lines it up perfectly AND doesn't trap lint under the screen protector. Now my OCD about the screen protector going on straight and without getting lint trapped is gone and I can enjoy my phone without the worry of scratching my screen. And the Invisiglass feels just like the iPhone screen.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
My Zagg glass screen protector saved mine a couple months ago when my daughter and I were out bike riding. It fell out of my handlebar mount and landed corner first. My daughter managed to avoid running it over. When I picked it up, it had a small (almost invisible) dent in the phone case and the screen protector looked pretty much like yours. So yeah... I use a screen protector; it saved me a bunch of money. At least until I figure out how to circumvent the Law of Gravity...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

dawning

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't use them.
I usually use Android, but never use screen protector on them. Currently waiting for my 6s plus, but I think I'm not going to use the protector for it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 6s Plus a little more than 5 months with no screen protector and I'm happy to report no scratches on the screen or my device whatsoever. In the September Apple Keynote they did say the screen on the 6s/6s Plus was the hardest and most scratch resistance ever put on an Apple device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro