Don't know if this applies to anyone else wanting a iphone.

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I kinds want one to set it and forget it, android is too mu h, find yourself getting too deep in crap that's not really thst important, before you know it you're changing phones each month when they all do the same thing. Too much stuff thst really has no value, jist wasting money. I just wanna get something for least 18 months and call it a day, iphone just works and it's premium. Need to get off the tech sites and be at peace with what ypu have. I got a m9 and I wanna swap for something a little bigger then that's really it.

I will admit as a tech junkie it's not that important. Need the simplicity of iPhone.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I'm not getting the iPhone 7. If anything I'll go smaller and get the 6s when the price drop and ride it out for a few years. As long as text Apple Pay Touch ID and phone calls work I don't need to upgrade anymore. I'm now spending that money on traveling and taking pictures of landscapes.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I get that feeling when I've been on Android for a few months. Always gelt the need to go back to iPhone because of simplicity.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I kinds want one to set it and forget it, android is too mu h, find yourself getting too deep in crap that's not really thst important, before you know it you're changing phones each month when they all do the same thing. Too much stuff thst really has no value, jist wasting money. I just wanna get something for least 18 months and call it a day, iphone just works and it's premium. Need to get off the tech sites and be at peace with what ypu have. I got a m9 and I wanna swap for something a little bigger then that's really it.

I will admit as a tech junkie it's not that important. Need the simplicity of iPhone.
That's the beauty of choices

Del1701

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've done the same, I kept changing my android phones every 6 months just because after updates my phones were always worse off especially with battery life, so I've now just got the 6s plus and I couldn't be happier, everything works great the battery life is amazing, even compared to the Samsung galaxy S6 edge plus I've just come from this phone wipes the floor with it 😃
I hope this one keeps working this good and I can keep it for a year or 2 and save my money for other things 😃

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I would always switch out Android devices every month or so. I'd come back to iPhone, then leave because of Swype.

Now that I have SwiftKey on my iPhone 6s Plus, there is no reason for me to leave. Other than my SE, this is the best phone I've ever had. Love the simplicity and the fact that it just plain works on iOS....

Last edited by a moderator:

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site

That's my story as well. I was Android and everything else for a long time and just kept switching around a lot. Finally got tired of the merry-go-round and switched to iPhone and FINALLY, I think I'm staying put. I currently have no plans at all to go to anything else. I signed up for the "iPhone for Life" plan so I'll get a new one every year so I'm set. Even went out and got me an Apple Watch so you know I'm in it to stay. P.S. This watch is phenomenal.

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm on sprint too "I think the iPhone for life plan" is with sprint and I have a m9, my bank just added fingerprint support to log in but the m9 has no fingerprint sensor lol. So my next phone is gonna have one.

I agree with you completely.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Agreed!

I use to like setting up phone and messing around with them all the time, it was just fun for me.

Now that I'm a little older, I just want to set it and forget it lol.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's my story as well. I was Android and everything else for a long time and just kept switching around a lot. Finally got tired of the merry-go-round and switched to iPhone and FINALLY, I think I'm staying put. I currently have no plans at all to go to anything else. I signed up for the "iPhone for Life" plan so I'll get a new one every year so I'm set. Even went out and got me an Apple Watch so you know I'm in it to stay. P.S. This watch is phenomenal.

This was me. I was Android, primarily, since 2011. But with all the choices, and new phones from new manufacturers coming out seemingly every other month, I kept getting a new phone looking for that perfect something or something that I was missing in my previous phone. While I do enjoy the customization you get with Android (can I please set default apps and get a calendar widget on my home screen, Apple?!?!), it is a Catch 22 in that the customization and the freedom with Android can cause some issues. I've been on my 6s Plus for over 4 months now, and even though I've been tempted to go back to Android, I just can't do it. My iPhone just works so well. And does everything I really need a phone to do. Now I can focus on other aspects of life and just look forward to getting a new phone once a year (I still can't shake my desire for new tech, no matter what). I also picked up an iPad Pro 9.7" and probably grabbing an Apple TV. Then I'll most likely pick up a Mac down the road to complete the Apple switch. I don't know if I'll ever get an Apple Watch, though, smartwatches just don't appeal to me yet. I need something more.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
This was me. I was Android, primarily, since 2011. But with all the choices, and new phones from new manufacturers coming out seemingly every other month, I kept getting a new phone looking for that perfect something or something that I was missing in my previous phone. While I do enjoy the customization you get with Android (can I please set default apps and get a calendar widget on my home screen, Apple?!?!), it is a Catch 22 in that the customization and the freedom with Android can cause some issues. I've been on my 6s Plus for over 4 months now, and even though I've been tempted to go back to Android, I just can't do it. My iPhone just works so well. And does everything I really need a phone to do. Now I can focus on other aspects of life and just look forward to getting a new phone once a year (I still can't shake my desire for new tech, no matter what). I also picked up an iPad Pro 9.7" and probably grabbing an Apple TV. Then I'll most likely pick up a Mac down the road to complete the Apple switch. I don't know if I'll ever get an Apple Watch, though, smartwatches just don't appeal to me yet. I need something more.

Yah, I just got so tired of constantly changing and looking for that perfect phones as you say. I think you finally realize that is a search with no end. No I don't even think about switching any more. No matter how good the Android phone (Galaxy S7 screen is really nice), in the end, it simply won't perform as well and my need for that requirement has now surpassed any other requirement I might have. I want everything to work like it's supposed to work. Period. The watch may not be for everyone but honestly, it has the feel and comfort of an everyday watch with a great screen and it's extremely comfortable (more than a normal watch). I like having my information right at hand because I also get tired of pulling my phone out all the time. I was looking like one of those crazy people playing on their phone and walking into something. lol Being able to take that quick glance at my watch for the notification is... well, perfect.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I really like how simple the iPhone is. There's nothing like something that just works.

Well, I think the iPhone is far from simple these days. Back when they first came out, a lot of people liked them because they were so simple and they were. As we started to progress however, the iPhone started adding more tricks to it's bag and although it may not be quite as complex as Android, I just don't think we can call it simple any more. That said, even with all the new features, its nice to see a device where everything on it works as advertised.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, I think the iPhone is far from simple these days. Back when they first came out, a lot of people liked them because they were so simple and they were. As we started to progress however, the iPhone started adding more tricks to it's bag and although it may not be quite as complex as Android, I just don't think we can call it simple any more. That said, even with all the new features, its nice to see a device where everything on it works as advertised.

Fair point. After trying all of the mobile operating systems (never tried BB though), to me, iOS seems to be the simplest. It's not as challenging to find things or even change them. In iOS, it seems harder to "break" things, but for Android, you can break things a bit easier. Windows Phone is somewhere in the middle between the two. It seems like you can literally plug and play with it a little easier.

I don't want to ramble but I'll share an example of this with the phones I have tried. Making your phone go into silent mode while sleeping/Do Not Disturb.

iPhone: You can set it to kick in for a certain time frame and alarms will still go off even though it is in Do Not Disturb mode.
Windows Phone: Quiet hours are managed through Cortana. You set it to kick in for days of the week and certain time frames together. Like iPhone, alarms will still go off in Quiet Hours.
Android: You set it to kick in for days of the week and certain time frames, just like Windows Phone. However, then you have to choose the mode within DnD, which is priority only (you'll have to set the priorities btw), alarms only or total silence. In my experience, I learned that you can set DnD and not have alarms go off which is the worst.

This is just an example, I'm sure that I can pull more from my experiences but this is long enough.

Last edited:

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Fair point. After trying all of the mobile operating systems (never tried BB though), to me, iOS seems to be the simplest. It's not as challenging to find things or even change them. In iOS, it seems harder to "break" things, but for Android, you can break things a bit easier. Windows Phone is somewhere in the middle between the two. It seems like you can literally plug and play with it a little easier.

I don't want to ramble but I'll share an example of this with the phones I have tried. Making your phone go into silent mode while sleeping/Do Not Disturb.

iPhone: You can set it to kick in for a certain time frame and alarms will still go off even though it is in Do Not Disturb mode.
Windows Phone: Quiet hours are managed through Cortana. You set it to kick in for days of the week and certain time frames together. Like iPhone, alarms will still go off in Quiet Hours.
Android: You set it to kick in for days of the week and certain time frames, just like Windows Phone. However, then you have to choose the mode within DnD, which is priority only (you'll have to set the priorities btw), alarms only or total silence. In my experience, I learned that you can set DnD and not have alarms go off which is the worst.

This is just an example, I'm sure that I can pull more from my experiences but this is long enough.

All true and one thing I hope iPhone never gets rid of is the hardware vibrate button. MUCH easier. About the only think I still work on getting used to is that very few iOS apps have settings in them. They're all in the phones settings which I suppose might make sense but I always have to go out of the app to change some settings for it. Kind of annoying but not a big deal. As for Windows Phone, it is actually my favorite OS but there is just no way I can get by with the current situation with apps. Just seems to me that Microsoft is big enough and bad enough that they should have resolved this issue ages ago. That to is annoying because the Lumia phones are really good and in my opinion, have the best cameras on a phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2