Domain names renewal

Selibish

Banned
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
What do domain name renewal prices depend on? Because last year, when I registered domain names, renewal prices were much lower than they are now. Moreover, prices have increased several times. Is it fair? Why didn't the registrar warn about this? I only found out about it now.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
What do domain name renewal prices depend on? Because last year, when I registered domain names, renewal prices were much lower than they are now. Moreover, prices have increased several times. Is it fair? Why didn't the registrar warn about this? I only found out about it now.

Knowing the registrar would help. I only use first tier Network Solutions and GoDaddy for a few. Network Solutions is the granddaddy and is consistent and quality. You could transfer to another registrar.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

You should ask the registrar these questions.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
When you pay for the domain, or its renewal, you pay the registrar’s employees (even if you don’t interact with one), the registrar’s infrastructure, the registry (and their employees and infrastructure), and the IANA/ICANN (same idea). And all of those costs went up this year.

It’s important to remember that a domain’s existence requires many layers of services (DNS, WHOIS, IPvX routing, etc.) and none of them are free.

Villiang

Nov 25, 2021
Visit site
I noticed that the price of domain name renewals is getting higher every year. Because registrars also want to make money. But you don't have to always keep domain names with the same registrar. You can transfer domain names to another registrar. I immediately registered domains with the Pananames registrar. This is a very good option. Prices can be seen immediately 10 years ahead.

Last edited:

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
GoDaddy in particular relying on the new customer taking advantage of the 'special offer' pricing.
But, by year 2, GoDaddy really charge you.

Since my domain was coming up for renewal in December, what I did was moved from GoDaddy to Cloud Flare.
In doing so, I basically got a year free for my domain registration. Plus, the cost after that, it will still be cheaper than what GoDaddy were going to charge me...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragelinaEt