Does your phone make a rattle sound?

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my 4S exchanged twice, and with the phone I have now, I've noticed that there's a rattling sound on the back of the phone when you tap near the camera. I was reading that it's due to the new lenses on the camera, but I've also heard from people that their phones don't make the noise.

For 4S owners, does your phone have this rattle? I also hear it when I put the phone down on my desk. I have a white 16GB if that helps at all.

Should I bring it in to Apple to have it checked out?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yes, mine does rattle on demand AND i have the yellow/warm tint thing going on. both of which are "normal", is what i have been reading

either way i am going to get mine swapped out tomorrow at Apple (fingers crossed for one with iOS 5.0.1)

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my 4S exchanged twice, and with the phone I have now, I've noticed that there's a rattling sound on the back of the phone when you tap near the camera. I was reading that it's due to the new lenses on the camera, but I've also heard from people that their phones don't make the noise.

For 4S owners, does your phone have this rattle? I also hear it when I put the phone down on my desk. I have a white 16GB if that helps at all.

Should I bring it in to Apple to have it checked out?
Pretty sure that's the autofocus... I don't know if I would repeatedly tap over there since there might be a negative effect on the camera's functionality.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I just checked my iphone and my fiancé and both of them are making a loud rattling sound at first I had no clue where it was coming from then after you specifying it was camera, my original thought was maybe it was the buttons but I held down the buttons and then gave a light tap on the back and you could feel something in the camera in closure moving around.

Sent from either my Evo 3D or my iPhone 4s.

ros3ntan

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Switch with new one. Definitely. I bought iphone for my wife my dad and my mom. Non rattled. I used to have an old iphone 4 that use to rattle. Though the phone function just fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Just got back from the Apple store both my iPhone 4s were replaced apparently its normal for there to be a rattling sound but not as loud as I have seen some other to have apparently what has been happening is the original 4s that launched came with a different motor then the recent batch of 4s are coming out with some of the original ones have been having issues with the vibrator becoming loose over time and starts rattling around the inside of the phone both of my phones had this issue the tech opened the phones and showed them to me they were loose for some reason. So if you are getting a lot of movement or the rattle is getting loud take it in and have them look at the vibrators.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you kidding, rattle? No way mine doesn't make a sound unless it's supposed to. I could probably make it rattle if I carried in my pocket with keys?

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Are you kidding, rattle? No way mine doesn't make a sound unless it's supposed to. I could probably make it rattle if I carried in my pocket with keys?

If you take your phone and tap light near the camera you will notice a little rattle and in some cases it rattles a lot some have been reported to sound more like a little bag with marbles in it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Pretty sure that's the autofocus... I don't know if I would repeatedly tap over there since there might be a negative effect on the camera's functionality.

oh really?? well since i can hear it when i set my phone down (on something soft) should i also be careful how i do that too?

No. if that is also going to have ill effects down the road then i am afraid that is called a design flaw

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
oh really?? well since i can hear it when i set my phone down (on something soft) should i also be careful how i do that too?

No. if that is also going to have ill effects down the road then i am afraid that is called a design flaw
Oh really? You don't know that there's an obvious difference between tapping the lens of the camera (btw who does that anyway?) and placing your phone down on a table? I said don't tap the lens, which people are doing over and over to repeat this rattle. I said nothing about placing your phone down. The point is that the rattle is the autofocus, which is free from the phone, much like most of the camera. The rattle is normal, but if you want to return it then by all means go for it. Just wanted to let people know it's normal and there's nothing physically wrong with their phone.

Reactions: BLiNK

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods