Does your Watch randomly locks or shutdown?

dieselman412

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
What exactly is backed up to iCloud/iPhone from the Apple Watch? Will I lose anything important if I unpaired and reset mine and re-pair it as a new watch?

I re-paired mine when the battery was draining and when I called Apple Support it was one of the things they said they’d recommend to do. I did it twice and the second time I set it up as new, rather than from back up. That solution seems to iron out quite a lot of software issues. It’s annoying to have to do, but I guess it’s worth a try.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No issues here with my s3.

Well, I spoke too soon. Several times this past week I looked at my watch to find it locked. And yesterday it did indeed power off. Very strange. But since I’m getting a series 6 for Christmas, I can deal with it.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I spoke too soon. Several times this past week I looked at my watch to find it locked. And yesterday it did indeed power off. Very strange. But since I’m getting a series 6 for Christmas, I can deal with it.

My 6 does it too. Buggy OS is all I can say. Even reset it just to see if that would fix it.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Enabling "Settings\Privacy\Analytics & Improvements\Share iPhone & Watch Analytics" should help ensure that the Apple receives app, iOS or watchOS crash information.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t had any issues on my S4, but I’ve seen a thread similar to this on MacRumors. Seems to be several S6 owners. Hopefully Apple irons it out with the next update, if it’s some sort of bug.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I had it happen to me once with watchOS 7.0.1. It was after I received 150 or so MMS messages, so nothing troublesome :)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Noticed a reboot (went to the blank screen with just the Apple logo) yesterday on my Apple Watch 6 with watchOS 7.0.2.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone experienced their watch randomly locking on your wrist, or randomly shutting off? Every once in a while I’ll look at my watch and it will either be turned off or shut down. The only way it turns back on for me is force restart procedure holding both buttons. It’s very frustrating! I’ve never had any problems until this update.

What series watch do you have? Maybe the new release WatchOS 7.0.3 would help you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods