Does the iPad Pro Smart Keyboard Hold Up

CloudSpeaker

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between Apple's solution and Logitech's new keyboard case for the 10.5" iPad Pro. Both the Smart Keyboard and Logitech's Create (for the original iPads Pro) are well reviewed.

My concern is this. How does the Smart Keyboard hold up over time? Does the fabric surface stain from finger oils? And what about the microfiber interior surface? That's gotta get gross / shiny after awhile, no?

Thoughts.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had both my iPad Pro, Pencil and Apple Smart Keyboard for over a year now, and they still work without a problem. The Smart Keyboard is still holding up quite well.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had my iPad Pro and Smart Keyboard for about a year. Much like @Just_Me_D said, it’s holding up really well. I’m not noticing any stains or shiny spots yet.

Regarding the Create keyboard...I had it for a while and ended up returning it. I liked the extra function keys that the Create had but the fact that I couldn’t easily remove my iPad to use it as an actual tablet wasn’t a compromise I could make. The Smart Keyboard uses magnets to stay attached to the iPad and it’s super easy to remove when needed. The Create has a “tablet” mode but it involves resting the exposed back of the iPad directly against the metal surface of the keyboard. It was like nails on a chalkboard to me and I’ve read several reviews saying that it caused permanent marks on either the iPad or the Create. Furthermore, the Create is noticeably thick compared to the Smart Keyboard.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR