Does iPhone xr Lcd display really suck?

Ahmed Sajal

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
I wanna buy a xr though i've low budget. But some people recommending X or xs cause XR has a bad lcd display. So what you say, will i look for another device?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone XR screen is just fine. Its not as good as the X, XS or XS Max, but its still pretty good. Also the battery life is better because of the lower screen resolution.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone XR screen is just fine. Its not as good as the X, XS or XS Max, but its still pretty good. Also the battery life is better because of the lower screen resolution.

...and battery life is just a little better on the Xr, not overwhelmingly better than the Xs Max like the hype would have you believe.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
IMHO the Xs Max is NOT $350 (256g) better than the Xr. Even though the Xs Max is rated the best iPhone for 2019, I suggest going with your first choice and get the Xr. There's a reason it's rated the best iPhone for the money.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wanna buy a xr though i've low budget. But some people recommending X or xs cause XR has a bad lcd display. So what you say, will i look for another device?

Personally, I love the look of the iPhone X🅁 display. It’s vibrant and smooth.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with the iPhone X🅁 display. It is a great phone and you will be happy with it.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
The XR has an extremely competent 828p Liquid Retina LCD display. Saying that it’s the best LCD out there isn’t much of a appraisal though because practically all Android phones at $750+ have FHD OLED displays, which are much more vibrant and sharper.

The XS (Max) have more vibrant and sharper displays. They also have a neater design and better cameras. However they also cost significantly more. The XS Max has the around the same battery life as the XR.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Have the Xr, and haven't a single issue with the display. For me the Xr is a great device, runs smooth, great battery and camera. close to a year and haven't any regrets.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had my XR for almost 7 months. The display is vibrant, looks great. XR runs very smooth and battery is amazing. I think it’s a great device.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Who are these people that are telling you the XR display is “bad”?

The XR’s display isn’t bad...it’s a decent display (although an OLED or FHD would have been nice given that it costs $750).

It’s certainly not the best or as good compared to higher-resolution OLED/AMOLED displays seen on phones at the same price though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I look at the display of my son’s iPhone X🅁 and then look at the display on my iPhone X, I simply see two gorgeous looking displays. It’s the same when I look at my work-issued MacBook Air and my personal MacBook Pro. Sure I can see the differences between them when I focus on doing so, but otherwise I just see a display.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Is the XR display not essentially the same ( without the borders) as my 8Plus? ( which is fine by me)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2