does ios 7 work on iPhone4 ?

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Have you had any bugs or experienced any lagging or battery drains ?...how well does siri operate on it ? (i know I have checked about the update on the 4s but if it works on a cheaper phone then why not ?)

Or would you recommend its best to stay with ios 5 or 6 for someone who does not really care for staying cutting edge and just wants a reliable smartphone that will work for years and years to come ?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
First of all Siri is not available on the iPhone 4.

As far as iOS 7 is concerned it runs really really well on the i4 my girlfriend loves it allot

Sent from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you had any bugs or experienced any lagging or battery drains ?
One of my sons have iOS 7 running on his iPhone 4, and he loves it. He has yet to complain to me about lagging or battery drainage. He's a teenager and is always on it texting, watching YouTube and Vine videos as well as playing games like Infinity Blade II or similar games.
how well does siri operate on it ? (i know I have checked about the update on the 4s but if it works on a cheaper phone then why not ?)
Siri is not available on devices prior to the iPhone 4S.

Or would you recommend its best to stay with ios 5 or 6 for someone who does not really care for staying cutting edge and just wants a reliable smartphone that will work for years and years to come ?
If you're happy with what you have now, stick with it, but if you've already updated to iOS 7, you're stuck with it.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 7. Its nice to have so I can see what the new hype is about to and to learn a few things before my 5s comes in. But I can notice that it's slower overall now. If I had to keep my 4 for any longer than a week, I would NOT have upgraded. The slowness is painful, but it was already pretty bad when I installed iOS 6 on here.
So I would recommend it only if your 5s (or 5/5c) is coming in soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW