Does Color Matter?

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
This sounds silly but in the VZW website there seem to be more complaints about reception in the silver iPhone 13 pro max than the other colors? I know color shouldn't matter but if they are assembled somewhere else or something?

Anyway I don't care at all about the color since I use an opaque case and silver is available sooner.

Is there any chance silver ones really do have worse reception (fewer bars supposedly)?

How is your reception?

I'd rather buy in Apple store but none available so I will have to wait for delivery from VZW.

I want the 1tb model iPhone 13 pro max but may settle for 512gb due to slow back orders.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
We buy Apple devices by the dozens and hundreds of staff use them. They're all in MDM. So far the only obvious thing with silver is looking better with age - scratches don't show.

I don't know about reception, but I think for cars and dates red is faster or important.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps someone with silver can comment on VZW LTE reception vs other phones? I will probably never be in a 5g zone.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps someone with silver can comment on VZW LTE reception vs other phones? I will probably never be in a 5g zone.

My boss has a silver 13 Pro Max, 12 Pro Max silver here. A dozen silver iPads were deployed in the past week. My boss thinks his new phone is best ever and he'd be first to complain.

We mostly get silver for the enterprise purchases because it ages best and looks clean and shows dirt that needs to be cleaned. We're a Verizon enterprise customer and don't have any memos on this from the team that supports us.

I'm a skeptic here.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Makes no sense to me either.
Just anecdotal data from vzw reviews. I'd buy whatever color I can get first since I use a case that covers most of it anyway.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I have a Silver 13 Pro on Verizon & I haven’t had any signal issues that are specific to this device. If this one has bad reception and/or connection, my 11 Pro will have the same issue. Today my 11 Pro was having connection issues, so I picked up my 13 Pro & was able to search the web just fine. In my experience, the 13 Pro doesn’t have any reception or connection issues, and 5G works great! It’s a pretty solid device. I’ve had it since launch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal