Does Applecare + cover theft?

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Check your homeowner's/renter's policy. Many policies cover electronic devices.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I would guess that the cost of the iPhone would be less than your homeowners deductible.

Besides, someone would have to steal my pants off of me or saw my arm off to steal my iPhone. Lol!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Applecare is for a malfunctioning phone ONLY!

NOT: Physically broken, lost, stolen, water-damaged, etc.

Applecare is NOT insurance.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No, it does not.

Applecare + does. They are different products.

He would only be referring to AppleCare +, as AppleCare+ is the only one offered for the Iphone. So, when you stepped in the thread and made the post, just saying

"Applecare is for a malfunctioning phone ONLY!

NOT: Physically broken, lost, stolen, water-damaged, etc.
"

If you were actually trying to help, you would have said that AppleCare is only for malfunctioning phones, but AppleCare only offers AppleCare +, which actually does cover broken, damaged devices, just not lost or stolen devices.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
If you were actually trying to help, you would have said that AppleCare is only for malfunctioning phones, but AppleCare only offers AppleCare +, which actually does cover broken, damaged devices, just not lost or stolen devices.

No, I wasn't trying to help, just trying to dance a jig!

But seriously, I posted because a lot of people bought AppleCare for the iPhone 4 from Verizon and found out after they bought it that it was not covered.

I was unaware however that for the iPhone 5 the ONLY thing Apple offers in Applecare plus.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
I guess since "AppleCare" sans + is unavailable for the iPhone 5 or any other model, I thought the point was moot. The only thing offered for an iPhone of any designation is Applecare+ and covers accidental damage with a $49 deductible.

Last edited:

.45man

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Square Trade insurance for a while now and love them. The kids are always breaking their ipods and they have never given me a hassle about coverage. They do iphone too.

NEO2126

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
home owners/renters insurance can cover electronic devices... i know from experience. my phone was stolen... deductible can be an issue, but remember you are doing replacement costs, and that can include fees etc that you man incur. The only question you need to look into is will it affect any insurance rate you may have.

Sandman619

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
No. AppleCare & AppleCare+ are extended warranty programs. In order to receive AppleCare service, you must bring the iPhone with you to the store for exchange. Insurance will cover theft & loss, but won't necessarily extend a warranty. Be careful of the non-Apple services, they seem to have a hefty deduction. Also, if you have homeowner's or renter's insurance, that should cover the theft or loss of an iPhone; check with your agent

Cheers !

Im getting insurance for my phone this time, ive learned the hard way. Anyways, does applecare+ cover theft?
thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro