Does Apple slows down iPads just like they do with older iPhones??

ShaunAFC3

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPad Air 2 and had it for over 2 years now and believe it or not it is still on IOS 9.3.4 and am not looking to upgrade to IOS 11 because I want to have the best performance and awesome smoothness on my iPad and the fear of Apple might be slowing down the iPads as well. 🙂

But I am wondering does Apple slows down iPads just like they do with older iPhones?? 🤔🤔

I am really really curious about if Apple actually does this to iPads as well because of the news about Apple slowing older iPhones to protect the battery.

Can anyone test this on there iPads please to see if Apple actually slows down iPads as well?? 🤔🤔

I really really hope Apple does not slow down iPads as well!!!!

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Using an iPad without iOS 11 is plain silly... you are losing many many useful features. And iPad Air 2 still is powerful enough to manage it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Using an iPad without iOS 11 is plain silly... you are losing many many useful features. And iPad Air 2 still is powerful enough to manage it.

Yep! I’ve stated many times iOS 11 is all about iPad. A game changer, if you ask me. The iPad is as close to a desktop replacement as it’s ever been.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Yep! I’ve stated many times iOS 11 is all about iPad. A game changer, if you ask me. The iPad is as close to a desktop replacement as it’s ever been.
ABsolutely agree.
As I was writing in another thread, this time I feel like my 2015 MacBook Pro could be my last Mac. My habits and professional needs changed over the time, and this iPad Pro seems to be powerful enough to fulfill everything I need

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
ABsolutely agree.
As I was writing in another thread, this time I feel like my 2015 MacBook Pro could be my last Mac. My habits and professional needs changed over the time, and this iPad Pro seems to be powerful enough to fulfill everything I need

I have a 2013 MacBook Pro that I use about once a week to record a podcast, and that’s just about it. My 12.9” iPad Pro gets WAY more use.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2013 MacBook Pro that I use about once a week to record a podcast, and that’s just about it. My 12.9” iPad Pro gets WAY more use.
Well, the 12.9” was out of budget for me... actually I regret buying the 64 Gb model, but this Christmas I bought an iPhone 8 Plus leather case, a 10.5” iPad Pro , a Logitech Slim Combo case, an iPhone 6S for my wife and an Apple Pencil. Definitely too much ...

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, the 12.9” was out of budget for me... actually I regret buying the 64 Gb model, but this Christmas I bought an iPhone 8 Plus leather case, a 10.5” iPad Pro , a Logitech Slim Combo case, an iPhone 6S for my wife and an Apple Pencil. Definitely too much ...

The 12.9” feels like a laptop due to its size, while the 10.5” still feels like a tablet.

Both are great!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox