Does anyone prefer the rounded iPhones more?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I really liked how iPhone X and xs feel already and it's a bummer looking forward to the squared edges again .

I really hope they go back to rounded iPhones again...

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I liked the round edge devices myself, but I loved the square design of the iPhone 5 and always hoped they would bring back the square edge model and my request where answered with the iPhone 12.

Both designs have their good and bad points depending on who you talk to. Back to the personal preference thing.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I prefer iPhone models with the flat sides more than I do the rounded ones. Still, I can adjust to both.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I tend to prefer the flat sided phones, but I didn’t mind the rounded edged phones. I find the phones with flat sides a little bit easier to grip, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My favorite iPhone was the 5s so needless to say I prefer the flat edge design and I'm glad Apple decided to return to this design. I adjusted to the round edge design because I had to if I wanted to use an iPhone.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the Xs, the rounded edges do not feel very good in my hand, I hope that Apple will hang on to the square edge until 2022.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm over it.

These observations. My white XS Max out of case was just pretty and nice for say watching video or reading in a chair at home or in bed. 12 Pro Max in Apple or thin case is actually a bit more secure to carry at my work sites.

For little more size and weight my 12 PM over XS Max packs bit camera and battery life improvements. Worth it stuff for losing that pretty white shiny glass and stainless sides. I still have the polished stainless sides.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the flat squared sides. But it doesn't really matter, since I keep my iPhone in an OtterBox Commuter case. My previous case was rounded, but felt great. My new case for my 12 Pro Max is squared, but it feels great as well. As far as looks of the iPhone itself, I do prefer the flat sides.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
No. I actually prefer the new design. I had the iPhone 7 as well and to me the grip was like a bar of soap.

iPhone 12 design is far better.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m on the fence.

I like the round edges because they feel nicely in my hand.
I hate them because they are slippery. The number of times I dropped my iPhone 6, 6s and 11 Pro is sufficiently high that I lack toes and fingers to count them all.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If it's either/or, squared edges for sure. I'd rather see a combination though. However, that would require thicker phones so it's not going to happen. Gentle curve to flat sides.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had iPhones since the beginning. I loved when they switched to the square edges on the ip4. To me it was so much easier to hold in my hand. Was bummed when they went away from that design but now with my ip12 Pro I’m glad they’ve gone back to the square edges.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I go back to the iPhone 4S. I did like the flat edge phones, but I think I like the rounded edge phones a little more.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I much prefer the square sides.

Now, if they would only do the beveled edges of the iPhone 5/5S again I’d be in sheer heaven. That was my favorite design ever.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I much prefer the square sides.

Now, if they would only do the beveled edges of the iPhone 5/5S again I’d be in sheer heaven. That was my favorite design ever.

I second this. Hi Qbnkelt, Good to see you. How's it going?