Does anyone know of a good duplicate photo finder app for the new "photos"?

I

iMore Question

I have tons of duplicate photos that I need to remove from my Photos library. I thought about using an older iPhoto duplicate app and re-converting to "Photos" but they seem very slow. Any suggestions? I don't mind paying for an app that will work well, but free is always a plus.

ROBB MOTT

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I too have tried to find an app for finding duplicates but have failed to find one- to be fair it would probably be a huge task for an app.

But I have found one way although it's not as streamlined as I would like.
Many photo storing apps that allow you to store photos in a folder will allow you to arrange photos by size. When doing this it will arrange a duplicates aside each other allow you to see and delete it. I use Photo Manager Pro from iTunes App Store.
The downside is that you have to import all your photos to weed through them and then export them back to you camera roll and this takes time and a lot of storage space if you have many photos and videos. Don't even bother if you have an 8 or 16 gig device and a ton of photos.
If you use this or a similar app and weed through and delete photos be sure to empty the "deleted" folder, trash or recycle bin in the app to get some space back.
You can also copy and paste your entire camera roll to your PC and arrange them by size there and sift through them or use a duplicate finding program then import them back via an app after deleting your photos on your device. It's not as much work as it sounds but I wish there was a better way. If you have tons of photos and you go this route I'd recommend you back up your device to iTunes first in case you get tired or get lost during the ordeal and just want to go back.

Whew- I hope this helps.

Jeff Sepeta

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Please explain how this works. I have a Box account that I rarely use, but I'll need to buy more storage if I put my photos there. I currently run a 2008 Mac Pro with a Drobo and 4 internal drives (Yosemite, 10.5x, 10.68, 10.9x) so I'm mostly interested in de-duplicating photos in the Photos app (which has newer and more duplicates than iPhoto/Aperture, which I haven't used in months). I recently updated to IOS 9.x and upgraded to an iPhone 6s Plus 128gb and 10+ year old photos of my baby and my grandma have now duplicated at least 6 times, making it difficult to find recent photos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR