Does anyone have any recommendations for MagSafe compatible car mounts that WORK and DON'T suck?

iPhone519

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations for MagSafe compatible car mounts that WORK and DON'T suck?

My existing one is a normal magnet mount and the phone flies right off of it during a bumpy ride.

*I'm unable to use a vent car mount, as my car's vents aren't stationary and slide down from the weight of the phone.*

Any good MagSafe experiences with non-vent mounts?

Attachments

• IMG-0010.jpg
    IMG-0010.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG-0011.jpg
    IMG-0011.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG-0012.jpg
    IMG-0012.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I’m unable to see any of your photos, so don’t know what your vents look like. However you could try making one.

I bought a cheap MagSafe charging disc from Amazon and a Brodit ProClip that attaches over my vent so that it doesn’t interfere with the vent working. Just attached the disc to the mount with some strong double sided tape.

I’ve since updated the circular disc for a square shaped one (again pretty cheap from Amazon) which fits the mount better and looks better too (no photo unfortunately).

Edit: One other thing to add is that with cool air flowing through the vent, the phone remains cool whilst charging and doesn’t overheat.

a39d785e0b141058cf9641ee44b53524.jpg

Last edited:

got berry

May 28, 2012
Visit site

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
ProClip makes a bunch of magnetic holders, including a couple that are just a cradle for an Apple MagSafe. More importantly, the holder mounts to a device that is specific to your car make and model.

I have a ProClip (not magnetic) in one of my cars, and it's worked out really well for me.

That said: they're pricey.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
ProClip makes a bunch of magnetic holders, including a couple that are just a cradle for an Apple MagSafe. More importantly, the holder mounts to a device that is specific to your car make and model.

I have a ProClip (not magnetic) in one of my cars, and it's worked out really well for me.

That said: they're pricey.

I have the MagSafe holder from ProClip in my Freightliner. It’s nice, and definitely worth the price.