Does anyone else have to press the power button for 5 sec to get the 10.5” iPad to boot?

I

iMore Question

Seems like a long time to long press the power button?! Confirmed with a Apple Store member as well.
Is any one having this problem with the new 10.5 iPad Pro?

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: 10.5 iPad Pro requires 5 Seconds to boot up!

Do you have to press the power button for five seconds just to initiate power on, or does it take five seconds before seeing on screen evidence that pressing the power button has actually caused the iPad to power on?

trek1

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm....?
Recap: Need to press hold for 5 seconds for power to boot up & an additional split second for Apple Icon to reveal on my new 10.5 iPad Pro.
As a comparison, previous 4th generation iPad required 2 to 3 seconds & similar time required for my iPhone 7 plus....
Still feel it's a issue that will potentially cause a power Button defect down the road?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm....?
Recap: Need to press hold for 5 seconds for power to boot up & an additional split second for Apple Icon to reveal on my new 10.5 iPad Pro.
As a comparison, previous 4th generation iPad required 2 to 3 seconds & similar time required for my iPhone 7 plus....
Still feel it's a issue that will potentially cause a power Button defect down the road?

I've been on this and other iOS forums for 4 years. I don't recall power or home button wear issues mentioned, except maybe on older iPhones.

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I've just asked the same question in ask Serenity. Co pared to my iPad air, which turns on after just a second, or my iPhone 6s, also 1-2 secs, it takes ages for my iPad pro 12,9 to show any activity when pressing the on/off button.
Glad to hear it's kindof normal behaviour. Or is it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro