Does anybody know if and when Amazon Prime/Video will be available on Apple TV (4th generation)?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Amazon Video on Apple TV

No, and so don't see it happening any time soon.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Welcome to iMore!

This was rumored late last year, after someone spoke to a CSR in a web chat -- but so far nothing. I do hope we get something, even if it's a stripped down (i.e. can't purchase from it but can play) version like iOS.

abalboa3

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site

I know it's not the integration/solution that we want, but you can start the video on your iPad or iPhone and stream it to the Apple TV. I did this for all of The Man in the High Castle. A benefit of doing it this way is that you can leave the iPad on next to you, and see all the X-Ray elements on the iPad as the video plays on the Apple TV.

fogelmatrix

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The lack of an Amazon app is why I own 2 Rokus instead of 2 Apple TVs. I'm a total Mac-head, and I'm totally invested in the Apple ecosystem, yet I didn't go for the TV for exactly this reason. I hope that now there is an app store, Amazon makes their own Apple TV app, but I'm not holding my breath.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't hold your breath. :( luckily I have a smart tv for those times I need Amazon but I don't use it much as I prefer the Apple TV.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad