Does AirDrop seem a little buggy on the iPhone 5C and 5S?

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has made this topic yet-- but does anyone see AirDrop a little buggy on the 5S and 5C? I tried to airdrop some pictures and it wouldn't find my 5S from my sister's 5C and when I tried to turn airdrop off it wouldn't let me.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has made this topic yet-- but does anyone see AirDrop a little buggy on the 5S and 5C? I tried to airdrop some pictures and it wouldn't find my 5S from my sister's 5C and when I tried to turn airdrop off it wouldn't let me.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk ��

Works fine for me between my iPad, my Macbook Pro, as well as my GF's iPad and iPhone (Air's, 5S and 5)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It works better if you set it to Everyone and I find it takes up to a minute to find another if it's next to you but as you use it seems to get better in my experience

Also for some reason it works better if you have wifi on as well as Bluetooth

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Works fine for me between my iPad, my Macbook Pro, as well as my GF's iPad and iPhone (Air's, 5S and 5)

Everything I have read has indicated that airdrop only works between iOS devices and iOS7 but does not work with Mavericks. I have been trying everything I know to drop pictures between my MacBook Pro the only easy solution I have found is to iMessage photos between devices.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
It works better if you set it to Everyone and I find it takes up to a minute to find another if it's next to you but as you use it seems to get better in my experience

Also for some reason it works better if you have wifi on as well as Bluetooth

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Okay, that may be the reason her phone couldn't find mine because it was set to contacts only. Thank you! :)

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Everything I have read has indicated that airdrop only works between iOS devices and iOS7 but does not work with Mavericks. I have been trying everything I know to drop pictures between my MacBook Pro the only easy solution I have found is to iMessage photos between devices.

Are you on a dev account? I am running Mavericks 10.9.2.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
There are times when I've tied to use Airdrop between my Retina Mini and my 5S and it won't work till I restart whatever device I'm trying to send from. Not very fast or convenient since I could just email it faster.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I have an iphone 5 and my daughter just got an iPhone 5c. Both have ios 7.1 installed. When I use airdrop for sending a pic, it worked fine. When I tried to send my daughter a contact card, all it sent her was the contacts name but no number or anything else.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iphone 5 and my daughter just got an iPhone 5c. Both have ios 7.1 installed. When I use airdrop for sending a pic, it worked fine. When I tried to send my daughter a contact card, all it sent her was the contacts name but no number or anything else.

Interesting. I need to see if I can replicate this. Thanks for the heads up...:)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Mine sends fine (iPod touch 7.0.6 to iPhone 5S 7.1):
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396373632.223780.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro