Does a crooked screen protector make any difference?

caoalby

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I have a tempered glass screen protector for my iPhone 6s but the guy at the store put it on a little crooked by a few mm's. A tiny bit of the screen is exposed on both sides and I'm wondering if it'll be more prone to damage.

I won't take it off and reapply it because I've had big troubles before and I honestly can't do a better job myself

Would be thankful for an answer.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
If it really bothers you I would just take it back to the start and ask for a re-application or new protector because it wasn't your fault.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I don't think that a couple of millimeters will make your screen protector any less effective but, as iTechHead suggested, take it back to the store and ask them to reapply or replace it if it truly bothers you.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
If it leaves a fraction on both sides, that's how the protector is made. I had one on both my 6s and now my 7 plus. Both had a fraction on both sides. Protector was on correct.

caoalby

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the applies and the welcoming!
I've already gotten it replaced twice in one week which is enough for me. It actually doesn't bother me that much anymore, took a while to get used to it.

I'll just leave it until it breaks since now I know that the projection isn't really affected by the misplacement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2