DockBoss by CableJive for iPhone 5?

whippetcat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought an Otterbox Commuter for my iPhone 5 and was surfing to find a cable adapters (due to the case bulk, I do not believe I will ever be able to DIRECTLY dock this, even when they start releasing Lightning-equipped docks). I was trying to find something other than the Apple Lightning to 30-pin adapter cable as I'm resisting spending $39.00 for it, and would like more than one for work and home. I came across this and haven't seen anything on the Forums about it:

dockBoss+ iPhone 5 Kit Is Here! ? CableJive Blog

Has anyone bought one of these? Right now, they appear to be out-of-stock (and I'm not really sure how they're priced, the Cablejive website doesn't say). Will audio quality be affected using the 3.5mm audio port? Will I be able to watch music videos I have on iTunes? Opinions? Thx for your input.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The lightning port doesn't support video out.
If you are using the 3.5mm port, then you might not even need this, as many systems have an input for a 3.5mm connection and you would only need a cheap cable. Audio quality would be worse, however, than the dock output

whippetcat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The lightning port doesn't support video out.
If you are using the 3.5mm port, then you might not even need this, as many systems have an input for a 3.5mm connection and you would only need a cheap cable. Audio quality would be worse, however, than the dock output

I agree, but I believe the advantage to this system is that you can charge the iPhone, as well.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
None of my existing speaker docks accept a USB, which, if I utilize the charger that came with my 5, is the only way it would work.

Oh, and btw, CableJive told me this items is $29.00.

You can plug it into an outlet, unless you are using the dock portably, then in which case you would run down the batteries in the dock by charging the phone with it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner