Do you use your electronic device with case or naked? And why?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I prefer to use my devices without any extra protection. Why? It's just my preference and nothing more.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
iPad Air is attached to a Zagg keyboard, rMBP has stickers and nothing else, 6+ cases change, right now it's in an Otterbox Commuter. Sometimes I'll take my phone naked, but it's almost always in a case. I have small hands so the phone slides a lot, I also have my phone in my lap while driving and will sometimes forget about it. When I switched to AT&T I bought an HTC One M8 instead of an iPhone because I wanted to see how android had changed, didn't buy the Otterbox Defender for it cause I thought why not. Got back home not even an hour later, forgot it was in my lap, took a tumble to the concrete, 3 nicks in less than an hour. That car fumble is the main reason I use a case on my phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I always use all my devices with a case and a screen protector.
I always give my old iPhone to a family member when I get a new one, and I want it to be in pristine condition.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I always use a case. I don't care for the thin cold slick aluminum feel. I want something substantial with grip. Bulky is great. But not overly so. The Otterbox Defender is about right. The size and grip is helpful when doing photo editing.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I always use the lowest-profile case I can find...which is still the Apple Leather case. Why? It looks great, is "grippy" enough so the phone doesn't squirt our of my hands...and because I've dropped my phone more than once. I used to use a tempered glass screen protector...but I can't find one that fits without looking terrible, so for now my screen is naked.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I would like the Apple leather case but they left the bottom completely **s-out open so that the bottom end of the phone is **s-out and unprotected. I do wish they hadn't done that. ...and so I use a Tech 21 Classic Mesh.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
There was a time I thought I needed max protection for my devices so of course I invested in Otterbox, but as time has passed and I realized that I just don't need that much protection and I rarely drop my device from the top of a building.
Now I'm using the Apple Leather cases. They provide enough protection for my daily lifestyle while maintaining the slim profile of the 6s Plus.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My currently daily driver is my iPhone 6S Plus. It has never had a case on it and I will never put one on it. I'm just not one to be careless or reckless with my devices, and no, I'm not insinuating that you are. For accidents, Apple Care + will take care of it...:)

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm just so fearful that if I don't have good protection my phone won't stay in unblemished like-new condition. I guess I have "issues" with that even though I baby my devices.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Cased, always cased. Also a screen protector.

The reason being is that I am slightly OCD about keeping my electronic devices in pristine condition and when I come to sell them, I get top dollar for them becasue I look after them.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Cased, always cased. Also a screen protector.

The reason being is that I am slightly OCD about keeping my electronic devices in pristine condition and when I come to sell them, I get top dollar for them becasue I look after them.

This is pretty much my approach to my electronic devices as well.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting ready to get a new 15" MacBook Pro and am already shopping for a shell/case. I have a sickness when it comes to keeping things I like pristine.

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I love the look of a naked iPhone but it makes me so nervous, even though I'm very careful with mine. I have a clear case so you can still see the color and have it be protected.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox