Do you use your electronic device with case or naked? And why?

seawhale

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I am confused about this, I usually use cases for all my mobiles, tablets and macbook to keep them safe from scratches and damages.

My iPad, iPhone and macbook don't really contain any type of scratches, not even slight ones, when you take them out of the case, you find them as a brand new device.

On the other hand, I see that those cases really cover the beauty and the design of devices whether they are apple or other brands, and we are all buying those devices to enjoy them whether to enjoy using them or enjoying how they look like.

But I hate my device when it gets scratched or damaged, I am obsessed about this, almost may go to sell my device if it got scratched.

Also for holding the device, any case makes it harder to carry and use it.

What about you guys?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I use a case with my iPad when I'm out, MacBook is naked, iPhone 5s is always naked now and my 6+ has a clear skin but that's pretty much naked. I enjoy being caseless, even though I don't like bumps or bruises; it drives me insane but I love the hardware without it. Little weird.

jason_mabry

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
MacBook is naked, iPhone 5 is naked, and while I don't use these, my iPad is naked and all my iPods are naked. When I get my iPhone 6, it will be naked too.

Last edited:

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
MacBook is always naked.

I use a slim case on iPad, Magpul to be exact. I like a little grip and protection on the iPad.

On iPhone I have always used Otterbox Defender cases. I need the protection because I'm a frequent phone dropper. The phones always come out looking like new when I pull them out of the Otterbox.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
MacBook Air - naked
iPhone 5S - Mophie Heliem Charging case
iPad Air - Apple Smart Cover with a tech21 back cover.

Good Luck

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Cased up!

My MacBook pro has an aqua blue case from Amazon and my 6+ has a griffin protective case on it but when I'm home I take the case off the 6+. I can't stand to have them scratched as my gfs macbook pro looks like its been through hell.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Clear cases on iPadAir2 and iPhone 5s today, not sure how I will feel about cases tomorrow....SMILE

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
my iphone is in a case because, it's fragile, it's a handheld device that's awkward in one hand because it's long, thin, slippery and thus difficult to handle, it's expensive to replace.

My laptops don't need a case. Because they are big, bulky, i'm not going to be trying to use it handed rather it'll normally be on a flat desk, it's not so fragile that a drop will likely break them. I also won't be using it in a thousand places. It won't be going in and out of my pocket and hand a hundred times a day risking falls or drops on the ground. The risk of damage isn't the same for how i use the devices.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Whatever mood I'm in I could use an otterbox defender, Apple leather case, or naked.... All depends on the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a cover for the top of my MacBook Air. I have an otterbox defender and Spigen Tough Armor for my 6. I actually don't like the otterbox at all. Only use it when out of necessity. I LOVE my spigen case!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
MacBook shell case, iPad Smart Cover, and iPhone 6 plus currently has a Zagg rear skin and tempered glass on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
MacBook Pro in a Speck see thru case

iPad Air has an Apple smart cover & a NativeUnion Gripster

Gold 5S is usually naked, unless I decide to use a Mophie to charge it or put a clear minimal snap on case once in a while now.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
MacBook Pro is in an orange Speck see through case
iPad Air 2 is in a Belkin Slim Style cover
iPhone 6 Plus is in an Incipio Dualpro case

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Cases all the way. Can't risk scratching a $600+ device. I wanted to get an otterbox commuter but the Verizon store only had it in pink and white (didn't like the combo of the 2 colors). I ended up getting another case and I'll probably get an otterbox in the coming week or two.
c3f416465ad09e0ad4f5e52c6ecb8946.jpg
2556ab3c471cad073e9f3f691fbef298.jpg

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh I almost forgot. My MBA doesn't have any type of protection. I've gotten about 5 areas where it's been nicked. No scratch marks though. It looks like nothing happened to it at all if you look at it from about 1-2 feet away.

Mark Hall3

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The beauty of my phone is the way it performs! I've always dressed mine in a case! And I've always gotten maximum value out of a 1-2 year old phone that looks brand new! I see way to many Jacked and cracked up phone screens for me not to protect it! I have always rolled with Otter box defender! Served me well, and I'm in my 4th year of iPhone bliss!!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I own several cases for my plus but I tend to stick to the leather apple case or naked. I'm not worried about resale because I have apple care. I'll just swap it out for a new one if I decide to sell it.

Daily drivers: iPhone 6+/iPad Air for personal, Lollipop'd Nexus 5 as backup, LG Optimus G for work

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone isn't technically naked but close. I've got tempered glass on the front and back. It looks nice and when I'm not using it, I keep it in a pouch. (Bad photos, sorry)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420290127.763730.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420290162.883296.jpg

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
For my phones I tend to use cases/glass screens/ back screens. There for my 6 is switched between a tech 21, spigen slider and zagg bumper. My iPad mini is bare most if the time since its just put in my back pocket or put into a bag. 1 of my MVP's has been with a speck satin black hard shell on it since it was taken out of the box while the other has been bare (has some knicks)

Sent from my Space-G 6 iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR