Do you use third party charging cables?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
We have all been there your original Apple charging cable stops working for whatever reason. So, you run out to get a replacement. Do you buy a third party cable or do you buy an Apple cable? I've bought some third party cables that worked just fine.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I do but will probably stick to the Apple ones. I do find that with Belkin the cable is more durable than the Apple one IMO.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Every cable I buy is MFi certified. Mine are almost totally Apple cables, but I have a couple of short ones from Monoprice. However, with that said, I ONLY use Apple charger blocks - both the 5W and the 10/12W versions, but NEVER a 3rd party charger block.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have used 3rd party charging cables on occasion, but I primarily use one from Apple.

Davingtons

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I always use genuine Apple chargers when in the house, but my car charger isn't Apple. I don't need to charge out of the house that regularly though so very rarely use the car charger.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's also the quality. I got the cables when I got my Mini. When did Apple release one for 2m?

Not sure when they released it, but I’ve had mine for about 6-8 months. It’s on their website:

The stupid forum software won’t let me post the link - says it’s spam. #iMoreFail

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I mainly use apple cables and wall chargers now, I used to use a belkin wall charger and 30-pin cable cause my iPod didn't come with a wall charger and the cable that came with the wall charger was longer.

Here's the link to the 2m cable on the Apple store:

Lightning to USB Cable (2 m) - Apple Store (U.S.)

I might have to pick one up one day that will come in handy for me.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73