Do you use Mac/PC or iCloud for device backup?

Do you use Mac/PC or iCloud for your device backups?

• Mac/PC

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • iCloud

Votes: 34 53.1%

• Total voters

gewappnet

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I think some of you are confusing iCloud and iTunes backup over WLAN. I prefer the automatic nightly iTunes backup over WLAN on my Mac. The is as convenient as iCloud backup without wasting cloud space. The backup of my iPad would be 9 GB anyway, so not really fitting in 5 GB.

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Just pc do you know why? In my country i have got 60kb/s for download and 20kb/s for upload.... Is this ****ing upload useful for icloud? Ofcourse no

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have only been doing Mac backups. Was going to do a iCloud but it said "IPhone can no longer back to your computer automatically when you sync to iTunes". So if I create a iCloud backup, I can still backup to my Mac?

draztikrhymez

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have only been doing Mac backups. Was going to do a iCloud but it said "IPhone can no longer back to your computer automatically when you sync to iTunes". So if I create a iCloud backup, I can still backup to my Mac?

Yea just right click your iPhone in iTunes and create backup

Reactions: Garz

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
The first-initial iCloud backup takes a while (up to several hours depending on how much info needs to be backed up), but after that, nightly backups are very quick - seconds or minutes.

Yep plugged it in and started. It was much quicker that time round and backups are now a breeze! thanks for letting me know. It seems that when I tried it the very first time the servers were busy as it only took 2 hours now. Incremential ones are now definitely quicker :)

sd3sign

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I really like the iCloud backup, but have turned it off for emails and calenders as I use IMAP and Google Calendar so it's not needed.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I really like the iCloud backup, but have turned it off for emails and calenders as I use IMAP and Google Calendar so it's not needed.

Same here. I use google/gmail for mail, calendar & contacts. I leave those options "off" in iCloud Having both google and iCloud sync at the same time causes big headaches - duplicate entries etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77