Do you use a bluetooth headset?

Do you use a bluetooth headset regularly for phone calls or listening to music?

• Yes, when possible.

Votes: 68 62.4%
  • No, it is uncomfortable.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • No, it makes me look silly.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • No, sound quality is not good.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • No, too expensive.

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • No, for another reason or multiple reasons listed above (clarify in your post)

Votes: 21 19.3%

• Total voters

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I've hated bluetooth headsets for so long...unfortunately Johnny Law just ticketed me in Hartford CT for talking on my iPhone while driving. So now, I'm shopping for a headset.

LovemyiPhone

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I always use my BT. Top three reasons - I don't like holding my iPhone up to my ear, my ear gets hot, my screen protector gets greasy.

I only wear my my Jabra BT500 when I'm on the phone, in my opinion people look ridiculous when they wear it non stop, but whatever to each their own.

juls1585

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
I dont use bluetooth. Im perfectly fine with the headphones apple provided. My dog would probably eat the bluetooth anyways. Atleast thats what she has done to about 3 pairs of apple headphones already. I swear shes like a ninja!

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Waiting for a good comfortable "over the ear" waterproof A2DP stereo headset. The only option is Jaybird 200, which isn't as comfortable as I would like it to be.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Hmmm, lots of people seem to use them. :) Maybe I will have to bite the bullet, buy a nice one (no $14.99 from Meritline or something) and see how it works.

Chris

Very important to buy a "nice one", IMHO. I had a cheap one and did not use it for years because the fit and the sound quality was bad. I am on my 3rd one right now and I am happy with the Plantronics Voyager Pro. It is not a svelte, cool looking headset by any means - but it fits great for me and the sound quality is as good as any. I don't use them all day - just when I know I am going to be on a long call and when I am driving. Voice commands via BT would be nice on the 3GS, but I can live with just a good connection.

Razelus

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I use the BlueAnt V1 so this little thing speaks to me when calls come in. I'll take it off and leave it in the car when entering a store but when I put it back on all I have to say is "am I connected" and it connects me right back to my phone. I will admit though that somehow it seems to work better on my wife's Motorola RazR2 but I dig the fit and overall package of the BlueAnt.

Papa47

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
NO - not really needed

I have a Jabra but seldom use it. I have bluetooth in my car's media/GPS system that gives me hands-free driving. I am looking at the JayBird 200 Freedom but it is expensive.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I just bought the BB VM605 for the car and the Jaybird sb1 for work. Don't like bt headset, but I may look at the Q1. I just have no use for one.....

NotHomer

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I spend a lot of time on the road. While on the road my phone is in my pocket or backpack and I have Plantronics 510. While the iPhone is in music mode I wear my BackBeats.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I have a new Jawbone, but it doesn't fit on my ear very well (feels like it's about to fall off all the time unless I have my wool hat on in the winter) so I only use it while driving long distances. But it sure is handy in cases where I'm on the road and get a call--I definitely think it's safer to talk on a bluetooth headset, with both hands on the wheel and both eyes on the road, than without. I'm looking into a new bluetooth due to the ear fit thing, plus I do like the idea of being able to hear music through bluetooth. I may figure that out one day! Right now I'm looking at the Blueant or maybe the one chobbs1 or Alli has.

Last edited:

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Hmmm. chobbs1, you're right, the one you have does look a little bulky (and it is also pricey, it had better sound good!). Alli, I couldn't find the 8030 anywhere, but I did find an intriguing little gizmo called the Jabra "Stone". Crazy expensive @ about $200.00 for the whole setup (earpiece, pads for the earpiece, charger, and even a clothing clip), but just might be worth saving up for, at least in my eyes. This looks like one that won't slip out of my ear!

Jabra Stone

Last edited:

Lady Kaede

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Motorokr S9-HD - just got'em (from TiPb store) so can't judge yet, but hands free for phone and stereo music feels great.

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I use my integrated bluetooth audio in my gps nav system :D. I used a Jawbone 2 for ~2 weeks then installed this into my car... and well.. goodbye on-ear devices!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR