Do you think this is a good deal (trade) ?!

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
So I have a 128 gb att 7 plus. Someone wants to trade me for a 32 gb gold unlocked 7 plus and 140 bucks.

Do you think this is a good deal ? I like the jet black a lot but could use some cash. And I don't really use THAT much memory (I only have 13 gb used currently).

What do you think ?!

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I wonder about the resale on the 32gb. Also when u run out of space it's a pain in the neck to delete and move stuff around. Depends on how much you need the money.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Keep what you have. One, you don't know how the other person has cared for the device. Could be getting a lemon. Two, while you don't need the memory at the present time, you don't know what your future needs will be. Three, the resell value on a 128 will be better than on a 32. Four, jet black is bad ***.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I want to share my story . I came to Apple because of the crap I had been dealing with on Samsung. I have always been a Samsung customer and Android. I sold wireless for 5 yrs and left just as Verizon was getting the Apple products. I have had all the Samsung note series phones including the Note 7 which was recalled. So I took the Note 5 in hopes of getting the 64 gig. I had the 32gig because Verizon was out of the 64 and it was on back order for 2 months. In Dec I got an email from Verizon telling me Samsung was not moving forward with the Note 5 and wouldn't be getting the 64 gig. Dec 28th an update was released and then since that time, the battery life was horrible. I did all the troubleshooting from removing cache and doing a full factory reset...these things need to be done on Android. Still the battery was lacking in its performance and there was no defects, no water damage. I take very good care of my gadgets. I was going to have to wait until April for the next Samsung. I had been thinking about the iphone 7 plus. Had been intrigued by it and had been playing with it, but I also have the Samsung smart watch and it is on a contract and that held me back. On the 5th I had heard Samsung was marrying Apple in it was allowing their smart watch to be used with Apple. I called Verizon on the 11th to confirm and they said yes, so I placed my order for the iphone 7 plus 128 gig rose gold. Received on the 13th and I have not LOOKED BACK. I do wear my Samsung watch maybe a couple times a week because I still like it, but I also got the Apple watch in rose gold from a seller on ebay and got a great deal. And now I have as of yesterday got my ipad Pro 12.9 that was on back order.
So my long explanation as to the why's I highly recommend do NOT lower your gig on the phone. It needs it to fully function. I was at 25 of it when I got my iphone. I am really enjoying my Apple products and although I like Android, Apple iOS is great in its own way too. It is a beautiful phone too and I love it. Comfortable in my hands and the sound quality is great too when I am on a call. Battery life is amazing. Nice not having to charge it up two to three times a day. I don't recommend trading. You will regret it

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
So I have a 128 gb att 7 plus. Someone wants to trade me for a 32 gb gold unlocked 7 plus and 140 bucks.

Do you think this is a good deal ? I like the jet black a lot but could use some cash. And I don't really use THAT much memory (I only have 13 gb used currently).

What do you think ?!

*gets Calculator out*

Seeing as there is only a $100 difference between the iPhone 7 128GB and the 32GB, you will be gaining in the finance department. Sort of.

However, as many other members have said, the person with the 32GB model might have neglected their device. Additionally, the 32GB version can get a little 'cramped' if you enjoy Apps and recording videos. Plus the 32GB variant does have a little slower storage speed.

So i would say keep your lovely 128GB iPhone :D

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the opinions everyone.

Decided to stick with what I have. The jet black is just TOO sexy - I have traded back and forth between iOS and android for years. The 128 also gives me leverage for a better trade later. Thanks y'all !

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the opinions everyone.

Decided to stick with what I have. The jet black is just TOO sexy - I have traded back and forth between iOS and android for years. The 128 also gives me leverage for a better trade later. Thanks y'all !

Thats great to hear manni1to :D

The Jet Black is definitely 'too sexy' to give up haha ^_^

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree with the consensus. Keep what you have. Resale will not be as good and it is always great to have the added space whether you use it or not.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It just takes a few opinions from others when you clearly are conflicted. What may seem to be a deal isn't always the case. Glad you reached out.

d4niel_93

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site

What do you think ?!

Not worth it lol I rather have extra storage.