Do you think the iPhone 5 will become a collectible or rare item?

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think its kinda cool that now that the iPhone 5s and 5c is released they are discontinuing the iPhone 5.. Do you think iPhone 5 is gonna be a rare or collectible iPhone in the future? What do you guys think?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. It may be too early to tell, and as has been stated already, there are a lot of them out there.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
No one views outdated phones as collectable. When it comes to phones, everyone wants the newest, not the rarest.

Nodnerb

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, im pretty sure the ipad3 im typing this on isnt a collectors item and it was only available for about half a year. So im guessing not.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Idk, think of a collectible as something sitting in its original packaging collecting dust. Like my I5 and can't put it down long enough for that.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't really see it becoming a rarity or collectible like others have said. But if you do have an iPhone 5 like myself and 96% of the world does, then you can say you have a discontinued phone.. If that means anything to you.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Possible but doubt it .. Although the iPhone 2g unopened sold for 10 k on eBay

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

rkaix

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5 was wildly successful and there are a LOT out there, even if they have discontinued it, it's not gonna become a collectible. The original iPhone on the other hand...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not too thrilled that the full black with anodized (omg i spelled that right the first time) black sides is not available on iPhone 5S. I was looking for that to upgrade from 3GS. I even talked my wife into buying the white one so we can differentiate at a glance - she wanted black.

So to answer your question - if there's a slight chance it gains any admiration in the future - the all black on black would be the reason why.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't go so far as to say the 5 will become a collectible, but I do believe it will hold its value fairly well. Remember, it's going against the 5c, which has virtually the same specs with a $550 off-contract price.