Do you think the gold iPhone 6 will be just as popular as the gold iPhone 5s?

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Assuming Apple makes a gold model this year, do you think the gold iPhone 6 will be the most hyped model? Last year there was a shortage for the gold 5s and it was VERY HARD to find them for about a month. People who got the gold models were selling them for crazy prices on ebay and other sites. Hell, one even went for as high as $10,000! So now that it'll be almost a year that the gold 5s will be out, do you think the same thing will happen with the 6 in gold?

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Assuming Apple makes a gold model this year, do you think the gold iPhone 6 will be the most hyped model? Last year there was a shortage for the gold 5s and it was VERY HARD to find them for about a month. People who got the gold models were selling them for crazy prices on ebay and other sites. Hell, one even went for as high as $10,000! So now that it'll be almost a year that the gold 5s will be out, do you think the same thing will happen with the 6 in gold?

It will be popular just like the 5S. Hopefully people won't be stupid like last time

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it'll definitely be popular (maybe even more popular if it looks as good as it does in the rendered concept images), but I don't think we'll see the soaring eBay prices out of the gate since it'll be the second iteration. That type of thing generally happens the first time only.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it will be as popular this go around. It depends on whether the 6 comes in black. Don't get me wrong, gold will be a big seller. But I think black will challenge gold a lot more than Space Gray did.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If it comes in short supply like it initially did with the 5S, then, yes, it will be. I personally don't like the gold model but I think a big reason why people became privy to it was because it wasn't that ugly of a phone as some may have conjured up in their heads when rumors were running about a gold model. It has that bronze/champagne look to it that by far is nicer than really tacking looking "gold."

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I think it will be just as popular and might be more popular that the 5s Gold. When I first got my Gold 5s, I kept hearing the same thing over and over..."that looks GOOD, I should have waited for the GOOOOOLD"...SMILE

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I love my gold 5s and dearly hope the 6 will be available in the same shade too. The champagne colour is just about spot on, in my opinion. I don't feel it is tacky or gaudy in any way.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I personally don't think so. Or Apple will make a ton more this time around. The gold was new last year and this year we will get a new iPhone but the color factor will have died off. Sure Apple will sell boat loads but I don't think we will have such a dry spell this time around.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I think the Gold model will sell quite well, probably more than last year, but I think we might see Space Gray gain some ground this year and take a chunk out of the Gold's sales. The Space Gray mockups we have seen this far look awesome, and a lot of people have said they will be going with the Space Gray this time around, but who knows? :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how popular it'll be but I think I'll be getting one. I've had the gold 5s since launch & I absolutely love it!! I usually alternate colors and this year is suppose to be silver but if they offer gold I'll be getting that...maybe LOL

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I love my gold 5s but I'm not making up my mind until the announcement and I see what the phone is actually going to look like. I just hope they do a better job of building up stock levels of all the colors before release day. Stores having only one or two gold models (or none!) was stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people that were hype about the gold 5S ended up with another color at the end. I'm not really sure if it'll be hyped this time around. I know I'll be getting gold again because I've had white & black for so long.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I think part of the reason the gold was so popular is because it was a key differentiator, from a visual standpoint, from the iphone 5. If you had a gold iphone, no one was going to mistake the fact that you had the newest iphone. There are a lot of people who want to be known as having the latest tech. Many want to be considered unique as well and for a while I think the gold version provided that. That is, until HTC, Samsung, etc tripped over themselves trying to rush out gold versions of their own flagships lol.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I think part of the reason the gold was so popular is because it was a key differentiator, from a visual standpoint, from the iphone 5. If you had a gold iphone, no one was going to mistake the fact that you had the newest iphone. There are a lot of people who want to be known as having the latest tech. Many want to be considered unique as well and for a while I think the gold version provided that. That is, until HTC, Samsung, etc tripped over themselves trying to rush out gold versions of their own flagships lol.

That's a good point but the same is also true about the Space Gray version. That was an appealing attribute in my eyes and part of the reason that I chose the Space Gray over silver. It wasn't a lot of the reason, but a small part. I primarily chose Space Gray because I was coming from a white Z10 and I was ready for a change. Now I have a white S5, so I might go Space Gray again for the iPhone 6, but I'll obviously have to see the official color choices before I can decide.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods