Do you obsessively check your smartphone?

Do you obsessively check your smartphone?

• Yes

Votes: 93 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I guess I should have put no then can I take my vote back lol. If I'm doing other things I couldn't care less. I'm one of the people who never answers the phone once I get into the car unless I have the headset on. The way I figure it before cellphones were invented you couldn't have reached me in the car so what's the difference if I don't answer? I think with cellphones now people have inflated the importance of social networks, texts, and phone calls. So that is why we all feel the need to check while we have a spare minute because we have made it more important that it really is. I understand if you have work email but social networks and texts if you miss it so what? If it was that important the person would try to get in touch with you by some other means of communication. There are just times when you are unavailable that is the nature of life, no matter how serious the thing is if your phone battery died for example that is beyond your control and because the thing is severly important doesn't mean the phone is going to power on. So I just think that we have all become so accessible that now no one has the idea that you might for some reason be unable to pick up, or receive whatever it is.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Amen with the LED! It's funny some of the names I see on this list who state they are addicted to constantly checking their phones. However in other posts they bash the idea of an LED on the IPhone because they "don't want to be a slave to their phone". LED=not having to constantly check for new notifications. Very interesting. :D

I don't like the idea of a LED... but I also don't consider myself a "slave" to my phone... but explain this to me: how does the LED change anything? Aren't you constantly LOOKING at the LED to see if you have any notifications? Perhaps it would make one more of a slave to his/her phone... Very interesting, indeed.

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the idea of a LED... but I also don't consider myself a "slave" to my phone... but explain this to me: how does the LED change anything? Aren't you constantly LOOKING at the LED to see if you have any notifications? Perhaps it would make one more of a slave to his/her phone... Very interesting, indeed.

That is interesting actually. I feel like while an LED would help, its still effective to have your phone replay a notification sound just in case you miss the first one. If they do put an LED on the iPhone, I would be happy but it has to be unique. Maybe something like this?:

youtube.com/watch?v=aje4FkXG8VU

The white would be nice. Simple and clean. Much like the LED on my Macbook Pro.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Amen with the LED! It's funny some of the names I see on this list who state they are addicted to constantly checking their phones. However in other posts they bash the idea of an LED on the IPhone because they "don't want to be a slave to their phone". LED=not having to constantly check for new notifications. Very interesting. :D

I loved it on my BlackBerry and I want it on my iPhone.... now please.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I do, but thank God for lockinfo or I'd be spending even more time on my iPhone that I already do... Which is a lot! ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, but do you guys sleep with your phone? I turn off e-mail and alerts, but if someone texts me, I still hear it. And generally have to look.

My excuse for even having it there is I listen to Andrew Johnson to go to sleep.

I use my iPhone as my work pager (on call every other month), so yes... my wife and I sleep with my iPhone. :eek:

YEEZY

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Feels like a meme for me.

PUT AWAY IPHONE. CHECK IF I HAVE ANY MESSAGES.
Smartphones will be the bane of our existence.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

You couldn't be further from the truth. You see the light blinking...you have a missed notification. No light blinking...no reason to unlock and check the phone. Pretty simple. It's funny how people keep debating about a light??? A light that will be there anyway and a light no one has a good reason YET should not be there. Very very interesting. :D

Last edited:

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I loved it on my BlackBerry and I want it on my iPhone.... now please.

It will be there soon and everyone who argues against it (still blows my mind because not one person has given one good reason against it other than "I think its's ugly") will be talking about how great an addition it is. :D

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes I check mine all the time, and yes it would be nice if the it incorporates some sort of visual LED notification alert.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It will be there soon and everyone who argues against it (still blows my mind because not one person has given one good reason against it other than "I think its's ugly") will be talking about how great an addition it is. :D

Not "everyone ... will be talking about how great an addition it is". I'll never see the need/value. I had one on my BlackBerry and the first thing I did was disable it. I'm tired of arguing about it... but stop with the "everyone will..." stuff. NOT everyone will. Hank, out.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Not "everyone ... will be talking about how great an addition it is". I'll never see the need/value. I had one on my BlackBerry and the first thing I did was disable it. I'm tired of arguing about it... but stop with the "everyone will..." stuff. NOT everyone will. Hank, out.

I guess I'm still waiting for one legit reason not to have it. Something no one including yourself has provided other than to be argumentitive about it. In another thread where the LED was being discussed you did the same thing...once really confronted on why it shouldn't be there, you packed up shop and used the excuse you're tired of talking about it. I'm sure when it comes up again in another thread you will jump right back in until you find it convenient to "become tired of talking about" again.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm still waiting for one legit reason not to have it. Something no one including yourself has provided other than to be argumentitive about it. In another thread where the LED was being discussed you did the same thing...once really confronted on why it shouldn't be there, you packed up shop and used the excuse you're tired of talking about it. I'm sure when it comes up again in another thread you will jump right back in until you find it convenient to "become tired of talking about" again.

I DON'T WANT IT and I DON'T NEED IT. Period. Is that clear enough for you? Nothing else matters. I don't see the value - one still has to stop what one's doing to look for the blinking light. As I said, I had it on my BlackBerry and I thought it was worthless (to me) at that time. I disabled it... and ended up with an ugly, non-functional LED on the face of my BlackBerry.

I didn't "pack up shop", I merely stopped pi$$ing into the wind. Can you just accept that (1) not everyone is going to want it; (2) not everyone is going to agree with your position and (3) sometimes, it's just not worth the time/bandwidth to keep jawing about it.

Every time there's an opportunity to mention it, there you are beating the drum extolling the virtues of a LED that "EVERYONE" either wants or will want once it's in the iPhone. I say it's time to just bugger off. When the new iPhone comes out, if it has a LED you can say "I told you so", but I'm still not going to want or use it. If I'm right and it's not there, I'll take the "high road" and not mention it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77