Do you keep the box?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I keep them.
I have my friend my old 4s and when she opened the box she was sure it was brand new!

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Always. Even though I don't plan to sell the phone, when I switch between this and one of my android phones, it's nice to keep the iPhone on the original box so when I go back to get it, I have a nice little unboxing again.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Good thing i kept that box. cuuuuuz i sold it. add that to the list of reasons to keep packaging.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm really bad for keeping boxes. I even keep the boxes for phone or tablet cases. As a matter of fact, I just (finally) threw out some boxes last week that I had for electronics I bought back in 2000. I still have the box for a Mitsubishi VCR I bought back in '95 even though I don't have the machine anymore. I really should get rid of that one. :) I'm the same way with manuals.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I always keep all the boxes. Add a good re sell value plus it adds more trust to the buyer that the device is not stolen or anything. Here is my stash :)
yruza5eh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinadivas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I always keep the boxes, Not only for apple, but for all of My Electronic devices, sometime I keep the box of My Apple cases, if i found it Cute or interesting..

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I keep the boxes because I take photos and videos of them for my YouTube channel. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404303127.893759.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1404303145.920430.jpg

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mention that when I sell or trade in a device, I put everything back into the original box. Plus, I make sure to keep my devices in like new to new condition. So far it's working well for my iPhone 5s compared to the 5 I had because there are no scratches on the phone itself.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s 64 GB or Space Grey iPad Air 128 GB WiFi + Cellular. Both devices using VZW 4G LTE and running iOS 7.1 .

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I keep the boxes! They look cool if you set them up in your office or wherever, plus when it's time to sell, you get more money for it. :)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
After talking to a few people today at work, I have found that a lot of them throw their phone boxes away once opened. Do you keep the box to your iphone? I always keep mine for when I am ready to sell my idevices

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Never ever. Resale value plummets.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah what everyone else said.

Keep box = higher resale value

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah what everyone else said.

Keep box = higher resale value

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

It sounds silly yes, but I made the mistake of throwing out a box (once with my 3GS and again with my 4S) and when trying to sell it off I was always offered almost 80-100 less because I did not have the box. Most were sending them overseas back when the iPhone was not widely available. Even still today it holds true. CL and even eBay has people selling just the boxes.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Always keep the box and keep charger, cord, ear phones as new in box. Buy extra sets to use. That way have as near new looking phone as possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR