Do you have Data Roaming ON or OFF? (US folks mostly)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Settings->General->Cellular

I usually leave mine off. I am testing something right now and wanted to know if anyone has it on or off and if you have any issues with your bill with it on.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I usually leave it off, but it's really not an issue because I basically get good coverage everywhere I go with Verizon even while traveling to & from Orlando on occasion.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The time when one might want to have it OFF is when one is near the National Border and might "accidentally" find their phone will connect to an international provider's network unexpectedly resulting in surprises on bills.

Last edited:

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I leave it on. Been in some rural areas where additional coverage was needed. It's free if in USA anyway. No reason to leave it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I turned mine on yesterday in an experiment to see if I would remedy this loss of signal issue. So far so good but that might just be bec I haven't had that issue. I am not near any borders with other countries, unless Illinois counts, so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue. I did let AT&T know I was attempting this experiment...just as a test.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Off. My data plan is national, so no issue there - but live / travel close enough to a national border to wish to avoid accidental heinous 'international roaming' charge if signal accidentally bounced to wrong tower. Also, just to avoid inadvertently leaving it on when I do more significant travel. And, on those occasions, I'm happy to leave my connectivity to free Wi-Fi only.

crackcookie

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I usually leave it off, but it's really not an issue because I basically get good coverage everywhere I go with Verizon even while traveling to & from Orlando on occasion.

Same, sometimes I go near the border of Windsor, so it may roam, that is why I leave it off, other than that I never roam onto Tmobile or anything other than ATT

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
always on, and i'm on Sprint and my 4s NEVER EVER roams. I simply get no data. Happened to day. It happens all the time. i have not issue with data. My I have unlimited on sprint. But like i said it never ever flips to verizon data. I've even gone into places that i know gets no sprint data with my friend and his verizon phone and my sprint phone never jumps to verizon data. It just sits there getting no data. i rarely leave the u.s. so i don't worry about international charges.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner