Do you go through each iOS and app setting?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm the type of person who goes through each and every setting / option / menu on my devices and apps because I want to know what's there and what it does. I also do it in an attempt to control how much of my info is shared. What about you?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't pay much attention to what info is shared, except for on Facebook. But I do go through every app and it's setting to see what there is and what I can do.

The last time when I revisited the settings from all my apps was when my Unlimited Go plan from T-Mobile started, 3 months ago.

I disabled every data limit setting there was and am enjoying the internet to the fullest extent when I'm out and about.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't pay much attention to what info is shared, except for on Facebook. But I do go through every app and it's setting to see what there is and what I can do.

The last time when I revisited the settings from all my apps was when my Unlimited Go plan from T-Mobile started, 3 months ago.

I disabled every data limit setting there was and am enjoying the internet to the fullest extent when I'm out and about.

I kinda did that. Even toggled WiFi Assist on!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I do go through and check every niche and corner of my phone and apps. And they all can be sneaky with updates. My 6s Plus is still on iOS 10.1.1. So to see anything new on the OS, I look on my old iPhone 5.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the app and what it can do. Even then, many apps only have a page or two of settings to check, so doesn't take long.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm the type of person who goes through each and every setting / option / menu on my devices and apps because I want to know what's there and what it does. I also do it in an attempt to control how much of my info is shared. What about you?
I'm the same way.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I go through them occasionally and when I travel. I shut down location services and background app refresh when out of the country.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd assume it would cut down on data use by the app. When roaming that would help cut costs.

Apps still run in the background without Background App Refresh. All BAR does is help apps run in the background more efficiently, using less resources. Why not just turn Cellular off when traveling? Use wifi where you can.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Apps still run in the background without Background App Refresh. All BAR does is help apps run in the background more efficiently, using less resources. Why not just turn Cellular off when traveling? Use wifi where you can.

Ok…let me get this straight - using BAR actually saves battery?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice