Do you go through each iOS and app setting?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’ll usually take a quick run through settings when I install a new app just to make sure there isn’t anything I want changed. Luckily Apple makes most of those decisions for us so there usually isn’t much to worry about.

Every once in a while I’ll audit my privacy and notification settings just to make sure things are as I like. I can’t stand being pestered with useless notifications!

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
How does turning off Background App Refresh help?

I had to turn off background app refresh on my kindle app, not sure if it was stuck or something but it was killing my battery. Blew threw my apple battery case and my phone was down too 37% in a matter of four hours.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm the type of person who goes through each and every setting / option / menu on my devices and apps because I want to know what's there and what it does. I also do it in an attempt to control how much of my info is shared. What about you?

Yes I do as well. My iPhone is set up the way I like it so I rarely change those settings, but I'm constantly "tweeking" apps, because I have quite a few that I like to keep up to date, and with all the updates this is a must for me. I like to download new apps (free ones), to see if their worth keeping or if their better than a similar app that does the same thing only better. Some I keep and some I get rid of or see if their worth me buying. This is a constant thing for me and with so many apps in the Apple App Store, I find it FUN to see whats good and whats not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do as well. My iPhone is set up the way I like it so I rarely change those settings, but I'm constantly "tweeking" apps, because I have quite a few that I like to keep up to date, and with all the updates this is a must for me. I like to download new apps (free ones), to see if their worth keeping or if their better than a similar app that does the same thing only better. Some I keep and some I get rid of or see if their worth me buying. This is a constant thing for me and with so many apps in the Apple App Store, I find it FUN to see whats good and whats not.

I used to install quite a bit apps to test, but I don’t have the time nowadays. I still test a few on occasion, but I don’t hoard them and I rarely keep any apps installed that are not being used.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I used to install quite a bit apps to test, but I don’t have the time nowadays. I still test a few on occasion, but I don’t hoard them and I rarely keep any apps installed that are not being used.

Yes, it does require time. I usually do it on those sleepless nights...LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
With every new update, whether it's an incremental or a whole jump up to the next version, I always go thru every single setting to be sure nothing has changed that I need to tweak.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR