Do you feel compelled to update your device as soon as one comes available?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As a jailbreaker, I don't update immediately but wait for a jailbreak to become available.

I stayed on iOS 6.x for ages until Evasi0n brought out a jailbreak for 7.0.x and then I updated to that. Once I know iOS8 is about to be released, i'll update to the non-jailbreak iOS7.x latest incarnation as iOS8 isn't likely to work too well on my iPad 2.

My new iPhone 6 will obviously have the latest incarnation of the OS on it and i'm not sure i'll bother jailbreaking that as it seems like more and more of my favourite jailbreak tweaks are being included in the out-of-the-box OS nowadays.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
"There was an update?" Yeah, I don't care. That's always my response unless I'm not jailbroken. In the case that I'm not jailbroken I wait a day or so until I see feedback from people. Some updates aren't to my liking.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I generally will update as soon as I hear of a minor update (since those are generally security/bug fixes). For major releases and major point updates, it depends on what I've read about the beta testing. For 7.0, I updated as soon as I could as I had already read about as much as I could regarding the updated interface and other improvements. For 7.1 I updated right away also, because I had heard about the many speed/stability improvements and had not heard a bad thing. I did wait a while to perform the 6.0 update, though. I wanted to see how others fared as I hadn't spent nearly as much time following the 6.0 beta discussions. So, it depends.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Small ones - Immediately
Major upgrades - I hold off for a while before I get feedback from iMore members :D

I often have a difficult time holding off to update my devices. I trust Apple so there's no issue there but some believe that if it's not broke don't fix it

What's your take on updates??

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Usually, I'll update as soon as I am aware of it - mostly because an Apple 'update' is often what everyone else in the industry calls a 'patch' - so some issue (including security) needs fixing.
The full updates (iOS 6 > 7, for example) I may wait on a few days as they (promising us something new and shiny, if not better - though recently, not a lot of that) have a bigger chance of causing more 'issues'.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods