Do you Ever Power Off Your iPhone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
tcuprof;[URL="tel:3293427" said:
3293427[/URL]]The iPhone 14 Pro is so much better than that old iPhone you were using, it would have been irresponsible to not upgrade. Your shape shifter may be a more responsible version of you. :big-hug:

Well stated good sir….(laughing)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
(Laughing)….it wasn’t my fault. I swear…;)….I was in the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia just minding my own business and the next thing I knew I was driving home with an Apple bag containing a deep purple iPhone 14 Pro. A shape shifter must have taken control for a bit. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. ;)

I need one of those shape shifters!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If reboots don’t count, then never. The closest I get is sleep mode.

At my age and my older family’s age (and health), turning off my phone isn’t an option.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I rarely turn my phone off. I haven’t since I’ve owned my first iPhone 4S. The only time I’ve turned it off was to put a glass screen protector on OR doing a software update, which turns it off/on because of the process.

Other than that, my phone is always on in case my parents, in-laws or one of my kids need me at any given hour.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Turning your phone off has been often suggested in the past as being good for your phone. I turned mine off for an hour out of interest. Nothing appeared to have happened when I switched it on again ! surprise !!
It does occur to me that mechanically, solder joints might weaken with the cooling - reheating that goes along with turning it off and on. So it might not be the best idea !

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I turn mine off when I give it a deep cleaning. Probably once a week. Same with my Apple Watch and iPad Pro.

I do the same with my wife’s devices. I even run our sport loops through the washing machine when I wash towels.

Travons

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
I do this all the time before each night rest. Due to the nature of my work I wouldn't like to be that much disturbed.