Do you ever mind what others use for a daily driver?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I always have a keen eye when talking with someone to see what device they’re using. Do I really care...NOPE not at all. Just because I like seeing what tech other people are using is the only reason iSpy lol.

iPhone or android, use what ever makes your little heart happy

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I don’t mind what people use. it’s annoying when people try to convince others with iPhones, that android is the best phone choice.

Chris Domico

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I really don’t care what other people use. It’s probably the topic I least want to debate with anyone, especially at a party or family function. People get really psychotic about it.

But when I WILL bring it up is when a friend or family member is constantly asking me to help fix issues with their Android or Microsoft stuff. There’s a limit to the amount of free time I’m willing to spend fixing other peoples’ Stuff over and over and over again. At some point I usually just say, “you know, if you’d just switch to Apple, you wouldn’t be having such frequent issues.”

Usually I don’t have to say that though—I only have a couple of “green message friends” left, and most of them figured it out on their own without my input.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I really don’t care what other people use. It’s probably the topic I least want to debate with anyone, especially at a party or family function. People get really psychotic about it.

But when I WILL bring it up is when a friend or family member is constantly asking me to help fix issues with their Android or Microsoft stuff. There’s a limit to the amount of free time I’m willing to spend fixing other peoples’ Stuff over and over and over again. At some point I usually just say, “you know, if you’d just switch to Apple, you wouldn’t be having such frequent issues.”

Usually I don’t have to say that though—I only have a couple of “green message friends” left, and most of them figured it out on their own without my input.

And if they do switch to Apple and have issues, you can tell them to go to the Genius Bar and leave you alone.

Chris Domico

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
And if they do switch to Apple and have issues, you can tell them to go to the Genius Bar and leave you alone.

Yes--that sometimes works too if the person lives near me--I have at least 3 Apple stores nearby.

However, I can't believe it sometimes when people complain about that, like if something is way out of the realm of what I can help them with and I know they live near an Apple Store. "You mean I have to drive ALL THE WAY to an Apple Store for this?" And "all the way" usually means like 10 miles where I live. My response is usually something like, "Well, if you still had that Lenovo laptop you bought 5 years ago, where would you have taken that for tech support?"

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don’t care, but some people care A LOT.

I went through quite a lot of name calling and had some pretty rank and vile things said about me, and even got banned from a forum, because I used an enjoyed my iPhone more than the other phones I used to carry. Oh they’re still out there, I assume, in some little forum they set up, calling me troll and witch etc and talking about how Apple is doomed. And I will never forgive the people who were part of it or who let it happen.

So a small percentage of people get into some pretty horrible behavior because of the phones other people use. Frankly I only visit forums sporadically. I do visit at times like now, when there are new Apple devices coming out. I don’t even know what else is out there. I know I don’t even know if Windows phones are still around. And I couldn’t care one iota what’s going on with BlackBerry.

I use what I like. For the last....what....three years., it’s been iPhone only. I tossed all my other devices in the junk drawer.

I don’t care what anyone else uses. There are other things to be concerned about.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don’t care, but some people care A LOT.

I went through quite a lot of name calling and had some pretty rank and vile things said about me, and even got banned from a forum, because I used an enjoyed my iPhone more than the other phones I used to carry. Oh they’re still out there, I assume, in some little forum they set up, calling me troll and witch etc and talking about how Apple is doomed. And I will never forgive the people who were part of it or who let it happen.

So a small percentage of people get into some pretty horrible behavior because of the phones other people use. Frankly I only visit forums sporadically. I do visit at times like now, when there are new Apple devices coming out. I don’t even know what else is out there. I know I don’t even know if Windows phones are still around. And I couldn’t care one iota what’s going on with BlackBerry.

I use what I like. For the last....what....three years., it’s been iPhone only. I tossed all my other devices in the junk drawer.

I don’t care what anyone else uses. There are other things to be concerned about.

Preach! The good news is you’re in friendly territory here. It’s crazy how mean people can get over a phone. Luckily the vast majority are forum-lurking cave dwellers who wouldn’t have the guts to say those things out in the real world.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Preach! The good news is you’re in friendly territory here. It’s crazy how mean people can get over a phone. Luckily the vast majority are forum-lurking cave dwellers who wouldn’t have the guts to say those things out in the real world.

Thank you. Sadly, some of THOSE people are here.

I miss some of the virtual friends I made here during my forum days. I sadly never met any in real life. Never will, I guess. *Edit to say I’ve cut all ties except for one, who was a friend then and is still on my Contacts list, simply because my attention has moved to other things. But I had some fun times.

And I’m now an iPhone, Watch, and TV user. Will replace my iPad this year.

At work, 92% use work provided iPhones on Air Watch, which is BRILLIANT, SO MUCH BETTER than Good Enterprise. I got the management of the mobility contract back so I know we’re almost an all iPhone shop, which is hilarious, considering the “iPhone is not secure and not good for business” fiction.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Thank you. Sadly, some of THOSE people are here.

I miss some of the virtual friends I made here during my forum days. I sadly never met any in real life. Never will, I guess. *Edit to say I’ve cut all ties except for one, who was a friend then and is still on my Contacts list, simply because my attention has moved to other things. But I had some fun times.

And I’m now an iPhone, Watch, and TV user. Will replace my iPad this year.

At work, 92% use work provided iPhones on Air Watch, which is BRILLIANT, SO MUCH BETTER than Good Enterprise. I got the management of the mobility contract back so I know we’re almost an all iPhone shop, which is hilarious, considering the “iPhone is not secure and not good for business” fiction.

It’s a “toy”, remember those remarks? Who’s laughing now?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It’s a “toy”, remember those remarks? Who’s laughing now?

Oh yeah.....remember those remarks well. Apple hits one trillion and they ended up going Android because they couldn’t sustain.

But hey.....whatevs.....I’m more than happy with my choices. A dependable device that has NEVER let me down.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Oh yeah.....remember those remarks well. Apple hits one trillion and they ended up going Android because they couldn’t sustain.

But hey.....whatevs.....I’m more than happy with my choices. A dependable device that has NEVER let me down.

Exactly. That’s the point I’ve come to also. It’s not perfect but it works and gets the job done for my needs.

RPA1408

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Phones are tools not some extension of yourself, they’re supposed to make life easier not consume it.

What other people use is of zero concern to me, they all essentially do the same thing anyway. My wife got an iPhone 8, it’s in our kitchen drawer, she still uses her Blackberry Classic. Instead of having a phone constantly glued to her hand she has a book, I envy that, Im always picking up my phone for no reason.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I’m curious so when I see an Android user, what really matters to me is that they’re just as curious as I am and into comparing and showing each other tips and tricks on our respective phones but otherwise I don’t care.
I make no secret that I prefer Apple products because they literally prechew everything for hopeless desperate tech morons like me.
However I’ve seen true tech wizs demonstrate what some Androids can do and in their hands it’s pretty cool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal