Do you ever mind what others use for a daily driver?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I don’t care. People need to use what’s right for them. I was an Android user for a long time. For a long time, I felt it was the platform that worked best for me. The best device I ever used(Android or IOS) is the Nexus 5. But, after that, it felt like Android fell off. The Note 5 was just unusable in my opinion. Samsung destroyed everything I loved about Android. The Motorola Droid Turbo 2 was better, but not as good as the Nexus. The Nexus 6P never felt like the Nexus 5 I remembered, and within days, was awaiting the Pixel. That’s when I decided to give the iPhone a look. I got the 7 plus, and now use the X. I’m probably locked into this platform. I will maintain the Nexus 5 is still the best device I have used, but IOS works the way I want, and how I expect. That’s where Android lost me. It was no longer predictable.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Right. And then once you account for all the varying promotions you can find on iPhones these days through carriers and the fact that most aren't walking into a store and dropping $700+, but instead on some sort of installment plan...the "Android users can't afford iPhones" argument is kind of void these days lol.

‘Nuf said...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It makes no difference to me what other people choose to use. There is some gentle and good natured teasing amongst my cousins. Most of us are using iOS devices, but there are a couple who are on Androids. They both were using Samsung phones, but have both switched to Pixel 2 devices. They are happy and that’s all that matters!

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have to say that unfortunately I do care. But for a simple question: messaging. I feel really annoyed when I'm almost obligated to use that s**t WhatsApp to maintain me in touch with family and work colleagues. I really would prefer to use iMessage with them, as it is way better than WA in any possible measure. At least my wife uses an iPhone SE, as she always uses the phones I buy for her

Other than that... I really don't care, since I, too, like to test new models on regular basis. Just don't found an Android model capable to convince me to change for good, yet.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't care what phones other people use. At all. If it works for them, that's awesome. That's really all that matters.

What really bothers me, though, is the phrase "daily driver" when used for describing anything other than an automobile. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me. Pet peeve.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to pose this question to people who use Apple most and could potentially be the "iSheep" that some people (and there are) arbitrarily regard us as. Do you really mind if people prefer an Android phone as a daily device?

Personally no, but I just find it odd that people have to 'make the point clear' about how Android is the device for people who can't afford an iPhone. While true in some cases it can be such a blatant statement for people who genuinely like the advantages of Android and can afford an iPhone X if they wanted to, but chose not to.

What's your take on this?

It's just a phone. You are aware of this right? It's far from life or mind altering. I might have a thought if someone handed me a can with a string attached.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I find it amusing that many take their smartphone so personally, that it invokes argument. The closest thing I can think of is the pick up truck debate. Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. But even that doesn't match the way smartphone users take their device so personally. It's really a strange phenomenon. I couldn't care less what others use.

I agree with you 100% unless you drive a Chevy or a Dodge

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't care what type of device other people use however I do find it interesting to notice the different devices for example I was at live theater event the other night and the lady beside me was baning away on her BlackBerry Key one that was the first time I have seen one used .

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't care what phones other people use. At all. If it works for them, that's awesome. That's really all that matters.

What really bothers me, though, is the phrase "daily driver" when used for describing anything other than an automobile. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me. Pet peeve.

You are not alone. The "daily driver" and other smart phone related superlatives like "rockin" are irritating.

I am also fine with others using what they like and want. We all have our own unique perspectives, preferences, and priorities. I do pay fairly close attention to what others use, however, just from curiosity about and interest in mobile technologies.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope it doesn't bother me whatsoever. Everyone is different and use there devices differently. Same as in real life, WE are not all the same, get over it. Use what's best for you and your lifestyle.

B_Ross

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
It bothers me more to see people spend large sums of money they barely have for devices that overpower their daily needs as a daily driver. Be it a phone or computer.. When the Apple store gets unknowing parents to buy flagship Macbook pros for young teens, that drives me up a wall.

Items don't define anyone, but many have that perception of reality.

anon(10092459)

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I don't ever think about it.. I'm cross platform with tech, so part of me thinks everyone just uses what's best for them like I do, I guess.

Regarding people's comments.. I mainly see that kind of stuff on-line and in tech forums, a razor's edge bit in real life, but mostly just keyboard trolls on-line.

slooksterpsv

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I enjoy peace of mind when it comes to security and updates. This is something I haven’t had with Android and I strongly dislike about its ecosystem. I’ve used everything from Palm to blackberry to Android to Windows to Apple. Apple keeps my peace of mind plus all the features and speed I want.

Do I care? Yes but only to try and get Google on top of helping manufactures push updates and not just another device. Otherwise so what.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
For me it’s up to the individual what products they choose to use and I will always respect their right to choose.

If someone ask me for my opinion on a particular product, I will give my honest opinion and if that helps the person to decide wether to buy it, that’s great, if not, nothing personal, life moves on.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen