Do you ever consider going back to a Windows machine?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like many of you, I was a big time Windows user starting with Windows 3.0 (I think), all the way up to Vista. I also dabbled with every Linux distribution available at the time, but I opted to buy a MacBook as a gift to myself (yep) in February 2009. I can't imagine using anything else or even going back to a Windows machine. To those of you who have made the switch personally - I know some of you have to use Windows at work - do you ever consider going back to Windows?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Desktops are not my thing anymore I will continue to use a windows unit for my daily computing needs out of necessity but you never know I said I would never buy an iPhone so I can't rule out a Mac but not at this time

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am on a PC so I cannot speak for Mac at this point and I mean thins only for me, Since I have no use for a laptop and use a desktop at home The right PC I have fits me. One day that might change but not now.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I would only consider going back to Windows 7, but it's not going to happen. I'd rather stop using a PC than switch to Windows 8.

Sent from my AT&T Space Gray 16 GB iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Never once considered going back to Windows since getting my MacBook Air.
Just sorry I didn't make the move sooner.
Good Luck

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I need to use Flash and my machine just doesn't handle it even close to aswell as windows which I believe is due to flash not getting access to the GPU. Apart from that I don't really miss windows.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
no. every time my mom wants me to fix her windows laptop, I have the urge to trash it after 5 minutes of use.

It's been 5 years since I've used a Windows PC, and people from Central Florida still call me to help them troubleshoot theirs. I've forgotten so much...lol

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how people can use Windows at work and OSX at home, I tried doing that but it would mess with my brain, mainly due to the different keyboard layouts, some blame is on apple for forcing US standards down the UK, e.g @ key is at the wrong place, I know there is a fix for it but I kind of just accepted my fate now.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I use windows for my desktop, would probably not buy a Mac desktop because I like the expandability and freedom that a windows machine offers.

For a laptop/notebook though, I don't think I'd ever choose something other than a Macbook running OSX. Just has too many good things going for it that I can't find on any windows machine.

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been a windows user all my life until I bought my MacBook Pro 4 years ago. Will probably never switch back. PS I have not used the new windows 8 so not sure how well it performs...

Like many of you, I was a big time Windows user starting with Windows 3.0 (I think), all the way up to Vista. I also dabbled with every Linux distribution available at the time, but I opted to buy a MacBook as a gift to myself (yep) in February 2009. I can't imagine using anything else or even going back to a Windows machine. To those of you who have made the switch personally - I know some of you have to use Windows at work - do you ever consider going back to Windows?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I would only consider going back to Windows 7, but it's not going to happen. I'd rather stop using a PC than switch to Windows 8.

Same as me. I have seven desktop machines, all running Windows 7 apart from one which is my Linux server. I have two working windows laptops and one non-working and very elderly MacBook.

I would never use a Mac as my main computer, I have far too much invested in windows hardware and software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh