Do you catch yourself pressing the home button that doesn’t exist?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve had my iPhone X since the day after launch day and I’ve adjust to its gestures quite well. Having said that, every now and then I catch myself picking it up and pressing the bottom of the screen as if it has a home button. Do any of you do that on occasion?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I’ve had my iPhone X since the day after launch day and I’ve adjust to its gestures quite well. Having said that, every now and then I catch myself picking it up and pressing the bottom of the screen as if it has a home button. Do any of you do that on occasion?
That and swiping up on devices that still have a home button. Lol

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Np, but as mumfoau said about devices with home buttons. I find my self trying to swipe the ones that do.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That and swiping up on devices that still have a home button. Lol

My wife got an 8 last night and I kept trying to sips while setting it up for her. I don’t think I can ever go back. I have to give Apple credit, having used my X for the past month all the gestures, etc. just seem natural and intuitive.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Nope. It took about 1 or 2 days before I stopped trying to press the home button. Now when I use my Wife's 7 I swipe first then realize I need to use the Home button.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have quickly adapted to tap to turn on and swipe up to unlock. As for the home line for the control center that is rather dumb. If you need it to remind you its there then you need to go back to the home button iPhone.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If I’m sending a quick reply to a message I will instinctively reach for the home button. But only when I’m busy and trying to respond quickly. As others have said, I find more that I try to get out of my apps on my iPad by swiping up.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Rarely but it happens. I do find myself using gestures on other devices though!

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Only if I’ve been playing with an older device. But I’m more prone to trying to use X gestures with my 6S

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
No phantom pressing of the home button here. Got used to the gestures right away. Very natural.

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried using the Home button the 1st 2 days I had my phone. I grabbed by wife's iPhone 6s....yesterday and I was swiping up from the bottom and was getting frustrated it wasn't working. Then it dawned on me...I had to use the Home button :) I am completely used to the lack of Home button and prefer it now.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Not me. I don’t even do the swipe on my iPad. I have mistakenly attempted some of the X gestures on my S8 though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
developer_black_code