Do you all use any third-party keyboards?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Recently I tried to use SwiftKey again, and the strangest thing has been happening. After typing in a word and moving on to the next line, SwiftKey will then autocorrect as if I did not stop typing the last sentence. By that I mean it will group whatever I am typing with the last word I was typing, eventually jumbling up both together to make a rather weird mess.

I never experienced that. My biggest issue typing are my fat fingers. Maybe it needs time to build up memory of your words and typing style. It knows mine real good. It knows what I'm going to type before I do.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I would be inclined to agree with you, except when it groups the two words, it cuts off the previous word. Therefore it becomes illegible and comes off as a glitch rather than a feature. I will try reinstalling and see if that fixes it. Otherwise, it's back to using the stock keyboard...again.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm so disappointed with Apple's implementation of third party keyboards. This was such huge news for iOS 8 but the reality is Apple doesn't want to play ball with them. I kind of feel bad for these devs. Apple finally allows them in and but makes the experience so inconsistent and buggy that they aren't worth using. At first I thought it might be the devs but every third party keyboard I've used has the same issues. Delays before becoming usable, stuttery performance, and sometimes not even appearing at all so you have to close the app and try again. I wish Apple seemed concerned about this flawed user experience for their customers but here comes iOS 9 with the same issues. Maybe they will update their keyboard with swiping abilities in iOS 10 or fix these issues with third party keyboards but that is year away and I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm so disappointed with Apple's implementation of third party keyboards. This was such huge news for iOS 8 but the reality is Apple doesn't want to play ball with them. I kind of feel bad for these devs. Apple finally allows them in and but makes the experience so inconsistent and buggy that they aren't worth using. At first I thought it might be the devs but every third party keyboard I've used has the same issues. Delays before becoming usable, stuttery performance, and sometimes not even appearing at all so you have to close the app and try again. I wish Apple seemed concerned about this flawed user experience for their customers but here comes iOS 9 with the same issues. Maybe they will update their keyboard with swiping abilities in iOS 10 or fix these issues with third party keyboards but that is year away and I'm not holding my breath on this one.

I think it's just gonna take time i remember when android first had there 3rd party apps swype was not stable same with swiftkey

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I love Swiftkey and used it for a long time on Android. I wish iOS wasn't so buggy with other keyboards

This thread inspired me to give it another shot. I've deleted the stock keyboard to see if that helps cut down on the bug where the keyboard falls to load.

I'm typing this post now with Swiftkey and boy do I miss the Flow and awesome predictions!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I use fleksy, because of the built in gif keyboard mostly (does the job of two apps)...but I also like the side to side sizing to make one handing the plus easier.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

They've improved greatly. I use SwiftKey as my default keyboard. I've deleted the stock English keyboard along with the emoji. SwiftKey rocks for me. Not perfect, but neither is stock.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
They've improved greatly. I use SwiftKey as my default keyboard. I've deleted the stock English keyboard along with the emoji. SwiftKey rocks for me. Not perfect, but neither is stock.

I'll give it another try but I have to admit I'm enjoying the fat keys on the stock keyboard on the S+.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like Swftkey better than any third party keyboard I've tried even the Apple stock keyboard. I actually deleted the Apple stock keyboard because it kept popping up and taking over. SwiftKey is by far the smartest keyboard I've tried even the stock keyboard and much smoother, plus I like the colors better....SMILE

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I loaded up SwiftKey Saturday. Not immensely better than stock, but better enough that I'm keeping it. It does seem to learn my words a bit more quickly -- especially the ones you can't say on tv. The only 'issue' I've seen is that the stock kb pops up for most password fields. I imagine this would not happen if I were to delete the stock kb, but I'm not quite comfortable with the OS yet to take that leap. It certainly isn't something that I can't live with.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I loaded up SwiftKey Saturday. Not immensely better than stock, but better enough that I'm keeping it. It does seem to learn my words a bit more quickly -- especially the ones you can't say on tv. The only 'issue' I've seen is that the stock kb pops up for most password fields. I imagine this would not happen if I were to delete the stock kb, but I'm not quite comfortable with the OS yet to take that leap. It certainly isn't something that I can't live with.

iOS always uses the stock keyboard for passwords even if you delete the keyboard for regular use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
iOS always uses the stock keyboard for passwords even if you delete the keyboard for regular use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's interesting to know.

For grins I just installed it on my iPad. I already like it even better than on the iPhone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77