• Yes

Votes: 75 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 41 35.3%

• Total voters

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why one would use a screen protector for the 3GS, now that they added that oleophobic coating... I would think a screen protector would make it redundant, no?

As mentioned above, I use a privacy filter protector. Not because I am concerned with smudges but because it is nice to have privacy. PLUS it protects it from ethes and marks...:rolleyes:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I have a 1st gen phone I started off with a screen protector. but one day I just took it off and loved the smooth shiney glass soooooo much that i left it off! the glass still looks great! and I am a welder by trade so this phone goes with me into the weld shop on an almost daily basis!

Corrina

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a mirrored screen protector because I love the way it looks, and am fanatical about screen scratches. The only downside is I'm constantly wiping it down to remove finger prints, which are way more easily seen.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
When you first use a protector you think ok, this is not bad... but then after you spend time and take it off it's like it's brand new shiny toy. So much better without one. :D

Yes I agree also when I first got my iPhone I used one for a while but then the bubbles under it would get on my nerves and remove and put another.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I love the new 3GS screen with the coating and it works well but I feel like the smoother feel of the Power Support Anti-Glare a tad bit better I think.

PRC

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Just sold my 8GB 3G for $300 last night. All my phones always have a screen protector on. My new 3GS spent 10 seconds without a screen protector.

bgro

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
i used to be anal about this but i switch my iPhone out when I go out at night so it is safe all the time..never any scratches on the 3GS or my old 3G

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
I had an InvisibleShield on my iPhone 2G. With my 3GS I bought an Incipio case and I applied one of the included screen protectors. After a day I took it off because I loved the screen so much more without the screen protector on. The screen feels so much better and there are a LOT fewer smudges and fingerprints.

cdudek

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
This is the first real nice phone I've had so i bought a screen protector even before i bought the 3GS just so I had it when the phone came out. After about 4 days I took it off because I couldn't stand all the bubbles that were forming under it due to the case I put on it (it is an Inspiretech slider case...when I slid it on, bubbles would form along the sides). I now have an InvisibleShield front cover on it and I like it a lot.

iJames

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I have the invisible shield as well. I bought the full body version but I might have to take the back off at some point because it's hard to get some cases on with the shield. But I'll definitely leave the front shield on. Much better than the cheaper protectors, no bubbles at all.

CJEscandell

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The Perfect Screen Protector?

Hi everyone-

I'm looking for the perfect screen protector. The one I'm currently using gives a rainbow, grainy effect, and it bubbles with my case. What I want is one that's clear, and fingerprint-proof. Any suggestions?? Help!

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I always have a Power Support Anti-Glare on.. I don't like risking getting a scratch on the screen.. happened to my Bold and suddenly I lost interest in the phone - lol :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a clear static protector on my screen, I've always had screen protectors on all my phones because I hate smudges and oil residue from my face getting on the screens. I prefer when I can just wipe it off the protector and even if it's still a bit hazy I know it's not the original screen being affected. I also had a plastic screen cover with the case I have for my 1st gen Iphone and that thing is awesome I have so many spider cracks on the cover from times I've pressed against the corner of a desk with the phone in my pocket. I haven't gotten a proper case for the 3G yet but it's coming.

Tkvang

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I have Zagg's Invisible Shield on mine. IMHO you're better off getting the Invisible Shield than settling for some 3.99 screen protector that's gonna bubble up and come off in a week. You're also not going to find any screen protector that's finger print and smudge proof.

Like a couple of others, I have it on mine more for resale value than anything. People like hearing that you kept a screen protector on your phone.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi everyone-

I'm looking for the perfect screen protector. The one I'm currently using gives a rainbow, grainy effect, and it bubbles with my case. What I want is one that's clear, and fingerprint-proof. Any suggestions?? Help!

I don't use one myself (why would Apple go to the trouble if making a oil-resistant screen coating and then have everyone cover it up?) but if I did use one I would go with the Power Supply Crystal - it supposedly is more clear than the Anti-glare one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2