Do not disturb doesn't work 100%

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have not been able to find this exact issue anywhere in the forum so hopefully this will be answered without too much negative feedback. Coming from a Blackberry, I have been an iPhone user for just a few months (beginning with the iPhone 5). I was very accustomed to my "do not disturb" feature automatically kicking in as soon as I plugged my phone in for the night. I attempted to set that kind of a schedule for my i5 with a large measure of success. The weird part is this... Even when I manually set the device to 'do not disturb' I get an email notification from one particular source nearly every night. That source is simply an email coming through my work email. No other alerts take place; just the one that comes at 4:40AM. That's right - 4:40AM. There is nothing special about the sender. They aren't listed as a favorite on the phone. Any ideas? I have looked for any kind of customization that I may have accidentally activated but I cannot figure this out.

Thanks,
Steve

iPhone 5; iOS 6.0.1

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
DnD is working as designed. It doesn't do what you were accustomed to on Blackberry.

Is your work email address associated with a VIP contact in your contacts? If so, that's where the early morning alert is coming from... try creating a second, non VIP entry with just the email address that triggers the alert and see what happens.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is the email address associated with someone that is on your VIP list? I had a similar problem a few weeks back, and it turned out that when i added my immediate supervisor to my VIP list during the holidays in case of emergency calls, i did not remember that i had put in the general department response email address under his name, so i was getting several emails per day when i was off duty and on vacation...it was quite annoying and i had no idea what was going on, but then i checked within his contact information and sure enough, along with his personal email, there was the department email address as well (that sends out daily auto updates to us). Deleted it and all was well.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just saw that the sender was listed in my contacts. I did not even realize it was there. Nothing special within the entry but I deleted anyway. We will see what happens at 4:40AM.

delstonc

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi
My iPhone 5s block isn't working. I schedule the times of silence required and attached the favorites I want to be able to get through yet all calls and alerts still come through even tho the half moon has appeared? I have set it as per the manual any ideas please?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi
My iPhone 5s block isn't working. I schedule the times of silence required and attached the favorites I want to be able to get through yet all calls and alerts still come through even tho the half moon has appeared? I have set it as per the manual any ideas please?

I don't know what to tell you. I do not have an iPhone 5S, but the Do Not Disturb feature works as it should on my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4. Calls from my favorites come through and I am not disturbed by any email message, SMS or iMessages, Twitter, forum related alerts or any other alert. Having said that, I suggest you recheck the settings and/or restore your phone and set it up as new and see how it goes for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro