Do I really need to use a case?

Jgittere

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have been using a case since I got my 3G about a year ago. Recently I have been fighting the urge to stop using a case.

Does a case REALLY protect the screen if I were to drop my phone? Besides keeping the phone from getting scratched, does it really protect the phone?

Thoughts?

dragonc12

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Personally I HAVE to have a case on my phone. (i've pretty much been that way about every phone i've had...not just my iPhone) I use the Candyshell cases by Speck and also the iSkin Solo FX. I like to change the colors up with cases a lot. But I feel like the cases (particularly the Candyshell) provides a bit of shock absorption if I do happen to drop the phone.

And I really...REALLY hate scratches. ;)

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I had a clear platic shell on mine that covers the whole phone and screen but it bubbles so much on the screen that I took it off and now I have nothing on mine.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I use an Innocase II. Very slim and has a nice Silicon paint on the back to help ad some "grippage". Makes the iPhone not quite so slick. I have just started using a anti glare screen protector with it. Helps with scratches and fingerprints.

IMVHO, some sort of case is a wise investment to help protect against occasional accidents.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I really like a "naked" iPhone's looks and size, but not the feel. It's too slick for me to hold, get out of my pocket and talk on (I sometimes "rest" my phone on my shoulder so I can type and talk at the same time). I have both a Feather and a Candyshell. While the Feather is nice and grippy, I like the Candyshell because I don't have to worry much about occasional bumps and bruises.

javanutsy

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I use the CandyShell just to have some piece of mind so that I don't have to be super careful whenever I take my phone out. Also, nice that it adds a bit more grip than the naked phone. Although I do admit, the naked iPhone looks the best.

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I go commando with mine. Just be careful with your phone. The iphone is pretty damn resilient. Personally, I like the slim form factor and feel and think the case (however nice looking) is ugly compared to a naked iphone.

Naked is always better than clothed.

A crystal screen protector is a must though.