Do I Ever Think About Switching To Android?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My first smartphone was an Android. It was so bad I went back to a flip phone. And while Android has certainly improved since then, the OS remaining open and prone to manipulation plus the fact updates still don’t seem to happen for many devices has kept me far away.

I flipped the script at AC. ;)

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-news-discussion/969967-do-you-ever-think-about-switching-iphone.html[/FONT]

I clicked, and I regret it.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
My phone is a 'tool', not a 'hobby' or 'obsession' so I guess I do not really qualify as an 'enthusiast'. Thus the bonus to me is in the integration of the technology / ecosystem. Apple wrote the book on 'integration' which is why I will stay for the foreseeable future. I'd be very satisfied to renew/ upgrade to new every 3 to 4 years as long as the device remained functional & reliable. The 'WoW' factor of newness is likely mostly wasted on me, especially if & when it comes with teething issues...

Last edited:

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
My first smartphone was an Android. It was so bad I went back to a flip phone. And while Android has certainly improved since then, the OS remaining open and prone to manipulation plus the fact updates still don’t seem to happen for many devices has kept me far away.

I clicked, and I regret it.

Just curious: “What’s the relationship between folks here and on AC? What do you think of each other?” (If you’re not on both like me)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It’s funny but even though I KNOW Apple completely meets my needs, I always seem to spend a couple months on Android every year before I come crawling back...

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I started out with Windows Mobile phones as smartphones. Loved my T-mobile Dash. Then the Wing and AT&T Tilt. Still have my Blackberry Curve 8330. Hated the Windows Lumia 521. Then had Android phones up until a few years ago. I miss my Galaxy S8. But Google is so intrusive so I got an iPhone 6, 6S and now using iPhone 7. I couldn't afford the 7+. My next iPhone will probably be the 8 when I can afford it.
Each platform has their pros and cons. Up until a few years ago I was a Windows user. Microsoft killed the experience for me with Vista, 8 and 10. 10 is having so many problems. I inherited my mother's Mac mini 2014 which was really slow. My brother bought me the 2019 iMac Retina 4k base model. 21.5 screen. The best computer I've had yet!

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Just curious: “What’s the relationship between folks here and on AC? What do you think of each other?” (If you’re not on both like me)

Having used Android predominantly up unti about 5 years ago I still avidly read both Android Authority and Android Central to keep up on technology. I really miss my Samsung Galaxy S8. I'm used to the Edge panel. When I first made my iPhone 7 my daily driver I tended to keep swiping right with my thumb..to no avail 🤣.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Having used Android predominantly up unti about 5 years ago I still avidly read both Android Authority and Android Central to keep up on technology. I really miss my Samsung Galaxy S8. I'm used to the Edge panel. When I first made my iPhone 7 my daily driver I tended to keep swiping right with my thumb..to no avail ??????.

Lol I’m in the same boat. Had to help my parents organise their iPhones a while back and kept pressing a non-existent back button on the iPhone 6’s bezel XD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro